Chapter 40

Narissa's POV

I groggily woke up and noticed that I was floating on the water. I blinked in confusion as to why I was here, since the last time I was awake I saw Lynn's back towards me then I was out.

"You're finally awake" I heard a familiar voice, one that I haven't heard in what seems like ages, I turned my head to face my mother, looking beat up with rags for clothes along with my brother Ray and my father. I squinted to get a better view, then I slowly hoisted myself onto the sand where they are, I then just made out that Persephone and Lynn were there, I saw no signs of Ebb.

"Take it easy dear, you're still recovering" my mother said. I tilted my head.

"What happened? Where did you all come from? How do you know what I am? Wh-" Persephone's hand rested on my shoulder and gave me a reassuring squeeze. "We knew what you were all along, ever since the night you were brought to us" my father said, he was looking at the water in deep thought. "We were taken in by Scar, he thought that we were to key to you, but no, the only one that's the key to you is Poseidon, as I'm sure you know who he is by now, is your real father. He was trying to protect you, from Scar." He sighed and made eye contact with me, "He covered up your scent, and true form until you were old enough to let it all sink in, unfortunately time is cruel as it is fast, time is of the essence and you don't have much time as you'd hope, gather all your strength, you'll need it, your mother and brother and I are counting on you Narissa" My mother tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear and my brother came towards me to give me a hug. "Save Scar Narissa, please. When this is all over, let's be brother and sister again." I hear Ray whisper, then let go.

I watched my family leave, I still can't believe what had happened, it seemed so fast. "Nari, everything will be okay. A tiny strand of hope can go a long way" Lynn told me, she was back to her human form. "Can you at least tell me a bit more about tomorrow?" I pleaded but Lynn shook her head. "You need rest, you'll have more than enough information tomorrow. I'm sorry for everything Narissa, that I've done to you, I hope when this is all over we can catch up and be like how we used to be" she gave me a tight hug and I felt her tremble a bit. I smirked and told her "yea, but you have a lot of making up to do so don't expect for me to let you off easy" she pulled away and smiled, "get some well deserved rest, and best of luck to you tomorrow" she said then ran off.

I sighed deeply as I rested my head on Persephone's shoulder and asked her "You'll always be there for me, right?" She looked down and nodded "Always, no matter how many hardships we go through, no matter how far apart we are, I'll be here. We can get through anything and I'm not leaving you in this alone even if I had a choice in the matter" she kissed my forehead and rocked us gently.

I felt a searing pain go up my tail, then realized my legs were shifting, Persephone held me tight as it happened which calmed me down. After the painful shift I scooted back so I was sitting beside Persephone instead of in front, I rested my forehead against hers and sighed at the events taking place tomorrow, everything now is so stressful. Persephone cupped my face with her soft, cold hands and brought her lips up against mine, I gasped at how cold her lips were, but I didn't mind it at all. I wrapped my arm around her waist and pulled her against me roughly, she hissed playfully and grabbed a fistful of my hair and tugged my hair back and she kissed down my jawline and towards my collarbone, I groaned and shivered as I bit my lip at the sensation, my claws and fangs started to surface, my nails digging into her skin and my fangs glistening in the light of the moon. Persephone hissed louder as I pierced her back slightly with my claws, I jumped back a bit afraid that I'd hurt her. She gripped my waist firmly and mumbled in my ear "don't stop" my body started to get goosebumps as she said that.

"Let me mark you, love" she said against my neck sending shivers down my spine. I nodded slightly as I grazed my fangs over my mark on her neck and sucked gently. She was breathing heavily and began pricking her fangs against my neck gently, she grabbed my hands and pinned me down on the sand, "This may hurt for a second, then it'll feel tingly, stay strong for me, love" I nodded again before she sunk her fangs into me, I bit my lip but winced as my fangs were still out, but it didn't distract me from the burning feeling of Persephone's fangs inside my neck, I arched my back at the pain but she held me down until she took them out.

She was right, I did feel tingly and at peace for once but I did feel really tired. Persephone could sense I was and picked me up then submerged me in the water, I sighed in bliss. "Rest for tomorrow, babe. You'll need food when you wake up" that was the last thing I heard before I drifted off to sleep.