Prince Charming

8 Years Ago
Marinette was laying in her bed as she listened intently. Her father, Tom, had always read her a book every night just before she went to sleep; tonight the book they were reading was Marinette's favorite, Cinderella.

"And they lived happily ever after..." Tom closed the hardback book and his chest heaved as he sighed in exhaustion. Then out of automatic reaction, he gave off a yawn.

Marinette, not the slightest bit tired, bounced in her place up and down on her bed, making the bed frame rattle under her weight. "Father?" Tom nodded to acknowledge that he had heard his daughter. "When I grow up, am I going to meet a dreamy prince just like in the story?" Marinette asked with a wide grin plastered across her face; her curiosity was taking over her.

Tom smiled at his daughter's question and nodded sleepily. "Yes, you definitely will one day, princess," he said as his eyes sparked with warmth. "But you know, Marinette, you're true love doesn't have to be handsome or dreamy." Marinette now looked up at her father with confused bluebell eyes. "The most important thing about your prince is that he is always by your side."

"No matter what..."

8 Years Later
Marinette was scribbling madly against her design notepad; she only had around ten hours to finish the Ladybug outfit she had promised Alya. The bluenette really didn't want to let her best friend down.

Suddenly a tapping was heard on the window. Marinette suppressed an irritated groan as she realized who it was, stood up from her chair at her desk, marched across her room till she came to the small shaft, and opened it.

"Hello, Princess!"

Chat Noir.

~~~
That comic about princes from Miraculous got me really inspired to write this one shot! I really hope you liked this one, and I'm sorry for it being so short. I'm also sorry for the lack of Ladrien one shots; it's very hard to write about them for me since that is my least favorite out of the love square. Anyway thanks and if you would like me to write about something, send in a request.
-Tainted River