Best Friends are always in the first place

I couldn't believe I had fallen again. It was the second time in one night.

“Oh, I’m so sorry!” Another familiar voice said. I cursed my destiny mentally for what it was doing to me.

“Why did you put yourself in front of me?” I asked angry.

“Ohh… you again..” He said, rubbing the back of his neck. He was the drunk guy from the other night.

“No! I’m the one who must say that!” I was still on the floor as I argued with him.

“I’m sorry, but this time it wasn't my fault, you were the one running. I was walking pacifically.” He was right at a certain point, but I was so pissed with the fall that I wasn’t thinking properly.

He held his hand out so he could help me getting up. I hesitated for one second, but then I accepted. It wouldn't hurt if I accepted his help.

When our hands touched, I felt a trail of electricity running from the tip of my fingers to the rest of my body, making me shiver. Feeling his skin against mine, feeling the softeness and the warmth of his hands made me forget everything for a moment. Oh come on! Stop with these thoughts! Wake up!

“Thank you..” I said when I got up.

“Are you okay?” He finally asked, looking into my eyes. I met the most beautiful brown eyes I’ve ever seen and once again I cursed myself for thinking about him that way. “Hello??” He waved his arm in front of me, snapping me out from my thoughts.

“Hum? Oh.. uhh.. yes.. yes, I’m okay” I said embarrassed. I was so deeply focused in his eyes that I paralyzed.

“Are you sure? You look a little bit lost.” He smirked, like he knew why I was acting like this.

“Yes, I’m sure! I’m perfect! Now, get out of my way!” I tried to push him away but he didn’t move an inch, making me sigh in desperation.

“You didn’t apologize.” He said, his eyes locked with mine. I looked away and tried to push him on his chest again, but obviously I failed. “Say it. You won’t get out of here until you say it.” He crossed his arms over his chest, not taking his eyes off of me.

“I don’t have to say that, it wasn’t my fault. We crashed, that’s it. Now let me go.” When I was about to try to get away from there again, Matt arrived.

“Hey what’s going on in here?” He asked confused.

“We crashed.” I simply said, not giving him the details.

“And she fell. I was trying to help her but she’s not making things easy.” The other guy said, smirking again. I glared at him because he was being so annoying.

“Well, I’m seeing that the floor loves you..” Matt said with a chuckle.

“Yeah, I guess it does.” I felt my cheeks blushing a little due to the embarrassment.

“No, the floor doesn’t love you, it loves your ass instead.” The brown eyed laughed but, once again, I just glared at him. Now, he was really pissing me off. Why did he have to be so stupid?

“Don’t be mean, Gates.” Matt said, chuckling, trying to defend me.

“I have to go, my friends are waiting for me.” I started rushing to the table where the girls were, but I was stopped by someone’s hand.

“Where have you been? We were looking for you but we couldn’t find you anywhere.” Emma said with a concerned look. I was so relieved to see a familiar face. Well, a familiar and a friendly face.