Will my heart handle such big news?

“Will you marry me?” He asked, his eyes shining with hope. I wave full of emotions hit me and I got stuck with words. Nothing was coming out of my mouth, only from my eyes, where tears began to form. Brian took my silence as a no and I saw his brown eyes lose their light. “I’m sorry,” He whispered, lowering his head to the small box on his hand. “I shouldn’t have asked you this. It’s too soon and.. you’re not ready. It was stupid. I’m s-“ I didn’t let him finish his senseless speech as I kissed his lips, feeling the tears being released from my eyes. Brian cupped my face in his hands and pulled away from the kiss. Confusion was spread all over him.

“Yes.” I said with teary eyes.

“Yes what? You’ll m-“

“I’ll marry you, yes.” I cut him again, chuckling. The light returned to his eyes and his lips twisted in a big smile as he pulled me in a hug.

“Oh god..” He breathed in relief, “You don’t know how happy I am right now.” I buried my face on his neck, tightening my arms around him. I could still feel my heart racing fast in my chest, so I just closed my eyes and tried to calm down, which I knew it was going to be hard. The smile on my face wouldn’t leave nor wouldn’t the tears stop from falling, but I didn’t care. I was happy. I was so happy. “I love you..” He said to my ear, his voice barely reaching a whisper. I smiled wider, if that’s even possible, and looked at him.

“You’re crazy..”

“For you? Absolutely.” He let out a small chuckle and gently wiped the tears away from my face with the back of his hand. Brian’s lips found mine again as he filled the space between us, kissing me passionately. I felt myself smiling on the kiss, but I couldn’t help it. I never thought it was possible to feel this huge mix of emotions all at the same time, although it really was. I slightly moved away, stopping the kiss, and hugged him again. He chuckled and kissed my neck softly, sending goosebumps all over my body. We stayed like that for some moments, trying to get our hearts back to normal, but after a while Brian spoke again. “You wanna put the ring on?”

“Yeah..” I backed away a little from him and he smiled at me. He searched for the small box again and found it on his lap. I eyed the ring again, this time more carefully, and Brian glanced at me, smiling a little. He took the ring from the box and gently grabbed my hand, sliding that small shining thing on my finger.

“You like it?” He asked.

I lifted up my gaze from my hand and looked at him as a smile crossed my lips. “I love it, it’s so.. beautiful and perfect.” I shook my head, still in disbelief, and an uncontrollable chuckle came out. “Thank you..” He kissed my knuckles and grinned at me.

“I’m just happy that you liked it.. and that you said yes.”

“I’m happy too.” I said, not able to stop the smile on my face. I looked down at my hand one more time and chuckled, “Does anyone know about this?”

“Well.. The guys know that I’ve been trying to ask you, but they don’t know that I was going to try it today.”

“And why did you ask me today?” He smiled at me once our eyes found each other again.

“Because I couldn’t waste this chance. I really wanted to do this and.. you were here alone, we were here alone, and you started talking about how perfect this Wedding was, how happy Emma seemed to be.. I don’t know.. It just made me feel secure about this. I didn’t want to steal the attentions to us, because it’s Emma’s and Matt’s day, but.. I love you and I thought that if I lost this opportunity I would lose the courage to ask you another day, so it just happened.” Brian explained and I slightly nodded my head. “But.. do you think it was a bad day?” I could hear a little bit of hesitancy in his voice.