Why all good days have to turn bad?

I dragged Brian out of the house and stepped in the car on the passenger side as he unlocked the doors. He followed me in silence and started the car. Right before he pulled out of the driveway, I glanced at the front door just to find my mom watching us leave with no expression on her face. It made me even more pissed.

Wasn’t she regretted? Wasn’t she going to stop me from leaving? Was she just staying there like nothing had happened? I couldn’t believe it. More tears fell down my face as I cried in silence. I leaned my head against the window, staring at the outside. It was dark already.

I was glad Brian didn’t say anything the whole ride. I needed to be alone with my own thoughts and couldn’t talk about this right now. The only thing he did was turning the radio on and resting his hand on my knee to comfort me.

“Annie.. Annie…” I heard someone call. I must have fallen asleep. Brian’s hand was caressing mine as his voice slowly became louder. I lazily opened my eyes and he smiled at me. “You’re home..” He said in a lower voice. I rubbed my sleepy eyes before opening the door. I noticed Brian didn’t shut the car off when he stepped out.

“Are you leaving?” I asked, confused.

“Well.. I don’t have anything here with me, my toothbrush, clean clothes and that stuff.”

“I don’t want you to leave..” I said, my voice failing with sadness.

“So what do you tell me about you getting your things together so you can sleep at my house? Sounds good?” He asked with a small smile. I nodded with my head.

“Wait just a few minutes while I pack everything.”

“Ok.” He kissed my forehead, before I ran to my house.

After some minutes we were pulling into his street and soon we were inside his house. Pinkly immediately made her way onto Brian’s legs, waiting for some attention. He bent down and ran his hands through her little head and ears, leaving the white, cute dog satisfied. I smiled at him when his gaze fell on me. I sat on the armrest of the couch and he walked over to me.

“You wanna eat something? We kinda ended up by not having dinner.” He stated a little hesitant, caressing my cheek. I shrugged my shoulders, feeling really down as I remembered about the previous events with my mom. She hurt me so much. “You wanna talk about it?” He asked after a moment.

“Not really..” I almost whispered.

“Come on.. I’ll make us some sandwiches.” He grabbed my hand and led me to the kitchen. I sat in the closest chair and rested my head on my hand as my elbow was firmly supported on the table. A few minutes later, Brian handed me a plate with a very good looking sandwich and on top of there was a heart made of a shiny, red tomato. That was enough to make me break into tears again.

“Heey.. the heart was supposed to make you smile and not cry..” Brian said, taking me out of the chair to involve me in a hug.

“I-I’m s-so sorry, Brian.. I wi-wish my mom c-could see how goo-good you are to me..” I managed to say as my face buried on the crook of his neck.

“Don’t cry.. it’s okay.. everything’s going to be fine..” He planted soft kisses on my hair, while his arms were tightly wrapped around my shaking body.

“I ju-just wanted her t-to give you a cha-chance..”

“I know, babygirl.. I know..” He said with his voice barely above a whisper.

He kept his hold on me until I had no more tears to let out. He had his natural talent of calming me down without even talking. His strong arms around me were enough to heal my wounds, to stick the broken pieces of my heart back together. They gave me comfort and safety, like nothing bad could happen.