Sometimes I hate the truth

I spent the rest of the afternoon with Matt but since tomorrow I had work I couldn’t dinner with him, so he took me home. We stepped out of the car and he led me to the front door.

“I really enjoyed our day today.” I said, smiling.

“Me too. It was good to spend some time with you.. alone.” He returned my smile, showing his dimples.God, those dimples.

“I don’t want to be one whole week without seeing you. We have to meet somewhere during the next days.” He said.

“Yeah, definitely.” I assured.

“I’ll call you then, okay?”

“Okay.” I said as he cupped my face in his hands and leaned down, kissing my lips.

We said our goodbyes and he headed towards the car. I opened the front door and waved at him, before watching him leave. As soon as I turned around I jumped as I saw Eilis in front of me with a huge grin on her face.

“Fuck, girl… you scared me.” I said, making her laugh.

“Sorry.. I was waiting for you to tell me how it went. But with that face, I assumed it was great.” She said hopeful.

“Yeah.. I think we’re dating.” I couldn’t help the smile that appeared on my face. I was truly happy. I felt complete and had a good feeling about this.

“AAHH! that’s awesome, Annie!! You so deserve it..” Eilis said as she approached me, hugging me tightly, making me chuckle.

“I never felt so happy in my life. And I’m really glad that you’re fine with all of this.” I said very honestly.

“I’ve told you before that if Brian is okay with your relationship with Matt, I’m fine too. I was just worried about the secrets and that stuff, but if Brian said to forget it, okay. We’ll do it.” Eilis explained with a small smile.

I sighed deeply and fell on the couch with a big smile on my face.

“It’s so good to see you happy!” Eilis said as she landed above me, making us both laugh.

Besides all this happiness, there was still one thing that was worrying me. Emma. I needed to talk to her and solve things out. But maybe not today. I didn’t want to ruin my day and that could happen if my conversation with Emma didn't go too well. So I decided to wait for the next day.

Eilis left my house after dinner and Matt called me that night, just before I went to bed. The result was a huge smile on my face right before I fell asleep. Next day I texted Emma, asking if we could talk. She said she would come lunch with me, because she also wanted to talk to me. I couldn’t help but feel a little nervous.

“Hey!” I greeted her with a small smile on my face as she reached me.

“Hi..” She took a seat in front of me.

We were in a small restaurant near my work. We ordered our food and waited for it to come but meanwhile we had enough time to talk.

“I’m glad you came here to talk to me.” I said.

“We really needed to talk. I don’t like to be mad at you.”

“Me neither.. and recently there’s been a little tension between us.” I said, looking at my hands which were resting on the table.

“Yeah, it’s true but we both know the reason of this tension..” She said matter-of-factly.

“I know.. but I want to stop this, I want us to be fine again. It’ll be a little hard I know, but I hope we can make it happen.” I said, now looking at her.