Chapter 1

Third Person

It was a normal day in the Candy Kingdom. Everything seemed to be going swell for every sugary-sweet citizen. As for Prince Gumball, he was stressing.

It was often like this for him. He stressed over his work and love for science so much. It gave him so much anxiety. It seemed like no matter what he was always in his lab.

Some nights it would be so late he would fall asleep there, only to have Peppermint Maid find him and wake him up. It seemed like a lot of nights were like that. The young prince wasn't even a legal adult yet and was already a workaholic.

Today Gumball was working in his lab, like always. Marshall Lee had decided he wanted to see his squishy pink friend so he had secretly snuck into the lab, his ability to vanish giving him a major advantage.

Marshall was quite the teaser and picked up several beakers of chemicals. Gumball instantly knew it was his mischievously demonic friend and sighed out of frustration.

"Marshall Lee, I know it's you, now put my chemicals down," he said, a stern tone in his voice to let the other know that he was not in the mood for games.

"Aww c'mon Gummy. You spend too much time in here and I want you to play with me,~" Marshall purred, his figure appearing on Gumball's desk in a seductive pose.

The pink boy's face flushed a deep red as he quickly got up and took his notes to the opposite side of the room. He liked Marshall a lot, but all the flirting that he did made Gumball think he was only out for a good time.

Gumball liked serious conversation while Marshall liked to be fun and playful. The two were practically polar opposites. But, they do say that opposites attract, so there was a possibility that it could work if they could even get a relationship started.

The candy prince knew the consequences of a same-sex relationship. Since he was underage it would need to be kept a secret or he might lose his throne. Even if it was his kingdom once he turned eighteen, he had no say on the rules regarding heirs to the throne that was underaged.

"Marshall that is completely inappropriate. I'm working right now. I don't have time for your silly little games," Gumball huffed out, finally starting to regain his focus.

"But Gummy.~ I want to play with you.~ You need a break from all your hard work,~" Marshall replied, pulling the other close.

Gumball's face flushed darker than a cherry as he huffed. He truly did like Marshall, not his flirtatious and overly-sexual attitude, but he did like him as a person, maybe even more than that.

He pulled away from the vampire when he attempted to bite his sweet, pink neck. Gumball hated when Marshall fed off him. Nearly anyone who saw the white bite marks on his skin thought it was sexual. That's we he was always keeping them hidden.

"I've told you a thousand times not to feed off me, Marshall."

"Sorry Gummy, you're just too sweet,~" the vampire replied, raising his eyebrows.

Gumball knew by this point that it was going to be a long day, a very long day indeed.