Chapter 14

Third Person

As several more days passed, Gumball never did get over his sickness. If anything, it had gotten worse. The vomiting was more frequent and the abdominal pain became more severe.

Marshall was worrying out of his mind for his lover. He was worried that there was a possibility that he could be deathly sick. If he ever lost Gumball he wouldn't know what to do. The Candy Prince was the only thing he truly cared for in the land of Aaa.

"Gumball, please! What if there's something seriously wrong???" Marshall pleaded to the one he loved, begging him to go to the infirmary.

"N-No Marshall, I'm fine... R-Really I am..." Gumball replied softly, pulling the covers of his bed over his head to muffle his voice.

Marshall knew that the prince was lying to him and sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. He was genuinely worried for the one he loved. The vampire wasn't going to let the only thing he cared about slip through his fingers. Not when he could do something about it.

He scooped up Gumball in his arms and proceeded to carry him out of the room. The sick boy put up a small protest before giving up and letting the vampire carry him.

"Marshall, please... I promise it's nothing..." he said softly, burying his face into Marshall's neck.

"It was nothing when it was a few days. Now it's worse and you're going to the infirmary. I don't care if you don't want to. I'm worried about you and want you to get better," Marshall says as the two reach the door to the infirmary.

Gumball groaned softly as he curled up in Marshall's arms. The infirmary was the last place he wanted to be, but unfortunately, Marshall had forced him here and he didn't think he would be able to get away.

"Pound Cake, Gumball is sick and needs to be taken care of," Marshall stated, heading into the wing of the castle.

Pound Cake lead the two to a bed and pulled the curtain around it for some privacy. She started her usual examination; body temperature, pupil dilation, checking of reflexes and several other things. All seemed to be normal, except for body temperature, which was only slightly higher than it should have been.

"Well... The only abnormality I see is a small fever... What are your symptoms?" the doctor asked, checking over her clipboard once more.

"Nothing, I'm actually feeling okay now and I think I'm ready to leave..." Gumball lied, sitting up on the bed.

Marshall stopped the prince from leaving and shot him a stern look to let him know that he wasn't getting away that easy.

"He's been having vomiting spells and abdominal pains," the vampire replied, answering the question truthfully.

Pound Cake scribbled a few more things down on her notebook before sighing.

"I'll have to run a few tests before we can figure out what's wrong," she stated, still writing things down.

Gumball gulped and sunk down a bit. He didn't like the thought of testing, as ironic as it was. He was always running tests for experiments, but when it came to him he wanted nothing to do with any type of medical tests.

But unfortunately, that was the only way they could figure out the problem and Marshall wasn't going to let Gumball avoid it. He wasn't going to lose the one he loved.