Chapter 21

Third Person

A few hours passed before Gumball and Marshall realized what had just happened. It wasn't the fact that Fiona tried to attack them. It was the fact that she and Cake now both knew they were in a relationship.

If they talked about it to anyone the Council could find out. Then it would be out of their hands and there wouldn't be much room for negotiation with the Council's decision.

It was only a few more weeks until Gumball's birthday, but he was also starting to show a small bump because of the baby's vampire nature. The fetus growing inside him was growing at a faster pace than normal. It's because it was half vampire- demon hybrid and half candy-human hybrid.

Vampires and demons spent very little time in the womb while candy people and humans spent nine months. Rough math would estimate this child to come around five to six months, although that amount of time wasn't set in stone.

Now the two faced a serious problem. They weren't sure they would be able to keep Fiona quiet about their relationship. She wasn't exactly good at keeping secrets, to begin with. But with the way she reacted it didn't seem like their relationship would be a secret for much longer.

"Marshall, what are we going to do?" Gumball asked, stressing over the recent events. 

"Well, it's not like we can go talk to her, she almost killed you!" Marshall replied, not wanting the one he loved to get hurt.

Neither of them was even sure what triggered her reaction to be so violent. They figured she might be a bit surprised, but not violent. She practically tried to kill Gumball, who was only trying to calm her down.

"But why would she get so upset about us being a couple? It doesn't make sense..." the Candy Prince spoke softly, trying to put the pieces together like a complex puzzle.

The vampire shrugged, not seeing any reasons for the human girl to be upset. Until one idea popped into his mind.

"Maybe she's just jealous," he said, seeing it as a possibility.

"Why would she be jealous of us?" Gumball laughed softly, thinking that was nearly impossible.

"I don't know... From what I hear her and Flame Prince are all over the place. Together, apart... Maybe she doesn't like him anymore... Maybe she wants something sweeter now,~" Marshall purred at the end, pulling the other close and licking his neck.

The candy boy shivered softly and huffed, his face turning a dark shade of pink.

"I-If anything she's jealous of you... She always liked bad boys..." he replied softly, thinking about how Marshall and Fiona used to be close.

The vampire kissed his cheek, seeing the other becoming slightly worried.

"Nah, it's not me. Fiona practically hates me... It's you and your sweet personality. She's jealous that I have you and she doesn't."

The candy boy smiled and kissed the other's lips. Marshall could always make him feel better. The two definitely belong together.