Chapter 36

Third Person

Several more days passed after that. Peppermint Maid was excited but also worried for the two. She knew that Gumball would die after their child was born. He was getting weaker by the day and she could see that.

"Gumball, perhaps you and Marshall should arrange your wedding sooner... Before your child is born..." she suggested, trying not to show too much of her concern so she wouldn't upset the candy prince.

"Why would we do that? Marshall and I already agreed to wait until after the baby was born," Gumball replied, not seeing why they would need to change the date of their wedding.

"Well, I'm just... Thinking ahead of time... Just in case... Things don't go according to plan..."

"Don't worry Peppermint Maid. Everything's going to be fine. I'll have the baby in a couple months and Marshall and I will get married after that," he reassured, giving her a small piece of mind.

She sighed and nodded, still being worried about her "son." His mother figure was concerned that he was going to die. The vampire child would feed off him until he was near death. The last thing she wanted was for Gumball to die.

"Really Peppermint Maid, I'll be okay... I already had this conversation with Marshall and we figured out what we're going to do. Everything will be fine."

"Alright... I just don't want to lose you," she admitted, it being a fear of hers for quite some time.

"You won't."

Gumball returned upstairs to find the one he loved resting, the curtains closed to block out the sunlight. He smiled and laid next to the vampire, teasing his hair. Marshall smiled and turned to face the other.

"Hey Gummy,~" he purred softly, kissing the Candy Prince's cheek.

"Hi..." Gumball replied, a shy tone to his voice as he shared a sweet smile.

The two snuggled and simply just enjoyed each other's company. They really didn't even need any more than what they already had. The only thing that would make them happier was their child.

Some people say things get worse after a child is added to a relationship, but that wasn't the way they thought. Gumball couldn't wait for their child to be born. Marshall was looking forward to it as well, although there would be sacrifices that would have to be made.

Gumball wouldn't be able to focus on his work constantly. Marshall wouldn't be able to have his concerts as often as he liked to. But they would have a child to keep them occupied.

Perhaps it wouldn't be all bad. They would learn not to consider giving up the things they enjoyed as sacrifices. They would be giving up those things to do something better. They would be raising their child together.

"Peppermint Maid wanted us to get married sooner..." Gumball stated, thinking it was slightly humorous.

"Probably because having a child before marriage is considered improper and stuff like that. But people have been calling us rule breakers for a while, why not give them something new to talk about?" Marshall replied, making the other laugh.

The two shared a sweet kiss after that. Neither of them could wait for what the future had in store.