Chapter 19

Third Person

It had been several weeks since Fiona came for a visit, so it was time for her to come by. She burst through the castle doors and ran straight up to Gumball's door, Cake not being far behind.

"GUMBALL, IT'S ADVENTURE TIME!" she screamed, yanking both Gumball and Marshall Lee out of their slumber.

Marshall hissed as the two ran into the room, causing Cake's fur to frizz out as she hid behind Fiona. The human girl simply rolled her eyes at the vampire and proceeded to grab her candy friend by the shirt.

The vampire was angered by her actions and morphed into his giant bat-demon form, standing in front of the Candy Prince. Gumball was surprised, still trying to process what had gotten them to this point.

Fiona was always loud and rowdy, trying to drag the two boys on her extremely dangerous adventures. Then they started to resent her. Neither actually wanted to be her friend anymore. She was too irritating. They could barely tolerate her at this point. Gumball was usual kind to his friends, but even he was beginning to reach his limit.

"Marshall! Why do you have to be so greedy?! I want a day with Gumball!" Fiona shouted, drawing her sword.

Cake and Gumball could see where this situation was going. Fiona wasn't going to give up without a fight. Sure, she could cut and injure Marshall, but it wasn't like he was defenseless. He could kill her instantly. Just in a matter of seconds.

"He's not going anywhere with you! You'll only get him killed!" Marshall snarled, his deep red eyes able to pierce the soul of just about anything.

Cake jumped into Gumball's arm out of fright and was frizzed out completely.

"Oh come on! He hasn't gone on an adventure with me for months! I want a day with him!" she screeched, swinging her sword and cutting Marshall's face.

Now the giant snarling bat creature was angry. He chased Fiona out of the room and down the hall. The sound of screaming becoming more distant every second.

Cake was still scared and was going nowhere until she knew it was safe. The Candy Prince sighed and pet her head to help calm her nerves. She slowly started to calm after some time. Until Marshall returned that is.

"Cake, you might want to go find Fiona..." Gumball suggested, closing the door after she left.

He sighed softly as he flopped back down on his bed, the recent events giving him a headache.

"Sorry about that, Gummy," the vampire apologized softly, shrinking down to his small bat size and hopping onto the bed.

The candy boy pulled him close, snuggling him like a stuffed animal. Marshall squirmed at first but eventually got comfortable. As long as he was near Gumball he was happy.

Thankfully the rest of their day went uninterrupted. Perhaps things had finally started to look up for once. That would certainly be a nice change. The last thing either of them wanted was more drama to add to their already complex lives.