Chapter 24

Third Person

Soon every member of the Council of the Kingdoms had arrived. They were all making small talk until the actual meeting began. They all knew why they were here but now they had to get down to business.

Gumball's anxiety rose each time someone glanced at Marshall Lee or himself. He was holding the vampire's hand tightly under the table to try and calm himself, although that didn't really do much.

"Relax, Gummy... It'll be okay..." Marshall whispered softly to try and calm down his stressing partner.

The Candy Prince gave a small nod before the meeting officially began. Just in a matter of seconds, the room had gone silent. It was so silent you could hear a pen drop.

"The Council of the Kingdoms has been gathered here today to discuss the situation regarding the relationship between Gumball and myself," Marshall explained, having a rather bored tone with his introduction.

He always hated the meetings because they only met every ten years or so and it was always over small and pointless things. Their relationship should not have required a meeting.

They loved each other and nothing was going to change that. If it did then it wasn't really true love. When you truly love someone you would do anything for them and stay by their side no matter what the situation came to.

"Aww, Marshall Lee has finally found love," Ice Queen cooed, remembering some of the time she spent with the vampire after the war.

It pained Marshall to see her slipping into insanity, all because of the crown she found. If she had never put it on she would still remember everything and would still be the normal woman he met all those years ago. But that woman was gone.

"Thank you Ice Queen, I think we can all see that. Now, is there anything we actually need to discuss? This isn't a big deal," the vampire spoke up, looking out into the room.

"Homosexuality is... UNACCEPTABLE!" Lemon Grab screeched, causing many to cover their ears from the shrill voice.

Many rolled their eyes at the statement but some did nod. A few older monarchs didn't like change and preferred the older rules. One of the rules being that there would be no same-sex relationships under the age of eighteen, although they didn't really want them at all.

"Perhaps Lemon Grab may have a point... The first ruler of the Candy Kingdom forbade for a ruler to be homosexual... I think some of us agree that it should stay that way..." Slime Prince spoke.

"But the rule has changed. My birthday is in a matter of days. And who would rule over the throne if I were exiled?" Gumball said, finally regaining himself enough to participate.

Many of the Council members looked at Lemon Grab, who's soul purpose for existing was to rule if the Candy Kingdom had no suitable ruler. Although now Lemon Grab had the Lemon kingdom to rule over.

"You want to leave the Candy Kingdom in the hands of someone like that!? Everyone would be thrown in the dungeon within a day!" The Candy Prince snapped, knowing all too well what Lemon Grab would do to his kingdom.

"Wait... Let's give them a few days to see if they can come up with anything to change the decision... That way at least it's fair," Ice Queen suggested, wanting to help the only one who truly liked her anymore as a friend.

Marshall thanked her softly, seeing as though she was actually trying. At least his friend remembered some small things and still cared for him.

The council agreed and the meeting was put on hold. The two were given three days to find something suitable to remain in their relationship and for Gumball to keep the Candy Kingdom.