Chapter 5

Third Person

After that night the two boys considered themselves to be in a relationship. What else would they consider themselves to be in? They were nowhere near "friends with benefits," so they were obviously boyfriends. But they would have to remain secret boyfriends.

It would be difficult, extremely difficult to keep things a secret, but it was possible. But with Gumball living at the castle and being monitored by banana guards almost constantly, there wouldn't be too much room for an open relationship. Marshall, however, was free to roam, coming and going as he pleased. There was nothing keeping him from a homosexual relationship. Really it was all the Candy Kingdom.

It was said that the very first ruler of the Candy Kingdom was against homosexuality and that it would get you thrown in the dungeon until you either died or "gave up" homosexuality; although no one really ever did. But no one knows the exact story now. It's been changed so much over time that the original has been lost in history. Perhaps that was a good thing. Those times weren't really discussed that much anymore anyway, so it was probably best that the stories remain lost.

Now same-sex relationships are allowed once you are passed the age of eighteen. Currently, Gumball was seventeen years of age, turning eighteen in a matter of months, so it wouldn't be too much longer until they could be open about their love.

Gumball was down in his lab like always, finally beginning to catch up on his experiments. He was hoping that he could remain focused today, but the only thing on his mind was Marshall Lee. The mischievous vampire he loved was invading his brain and making him lose focus.

Several different daydreams clouded his thoughts until he had to physically shake himself out of it. The distracted boy sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose out of frustration. Just when he had finally gotten back into his work, the one he loved was mentally pulling him back.

The Candy Prince sat down at his desk, only to feel someone hug him from behind. He tensed up for a moment before seeing that it was Marshall.

"Hey Gummy,~" Marshall purred, resting his chin on the other's shoulder.

"Hi, Marshall," Gumball replied, a slight blush creeping onto his face.

The blushing boy tried to start working again, but let out a small, high-pitched, sound of discomfort when the vampire began to feed off his neck.

"M-Marshall... I told you n-not to feed off m-me...~" the now flustered boy stuttered out, his voice trailing off at the end because he secretly enjoyed when the vampire fed off him.

"I can't help it Gummy.~ You're just too sweet,~" his lover purred, biting again and continuing to feed.

A very small moan escape Gumball's lips, causing him to instantly shut his mouth tightly out of embarrassment. Marshall simply chuckled and kissed him on the cheek. He didn't find it embarrassing at all.

"You're so adorable when you get flustered.~"

"S-Shut up Marshall..."