Chapter 7

Third Person

Now that Peppermint Maid had the discussion with Gumball, she was going to have a chat with Marshall Lee. She raised Gumball like her son, so she would be damned if she let some guy looking for a good time break his heart. Not that Marshall was planning anything like that, but he had a troublesome reputation.

Peppermint maid left the Candy Kingdom and made her way to the cave where Marshall's home was. The vampire was strumming his guitar and working on a new song for his love when she knocked on his door. It was needless to say that she was the last person Marshall expected to see.

"Um... Hey, Peppermint... What's up?" he asked slowly, still trying to figure out why she had come all this way.

"We need to have a little chat, so sit down," Peppermint Maid replied sternly.

Marshall let her in and sat down on his sofa, still not understanding what she wanted to talk. But he still listened, seeing her as quite intimidating himself.

"What's this about?" Marshall asked, setting his guitar by his side.

Peppermint Maid remained standing, looking like a fearsome, old-fashioned school teacher.

"You should know what this is about. I consider Gumball to be my son. A mother would do anything for her son. Do you see where I'm going with this?" she started, hoping Marshall might catch on.

Unfortunately, he didn't so he shook his head no, making her sigh out of frustration.

"I know about your relationship with him. I also know that you've been hiding it for a few weeks. Now because I love Gumball like he was my own son, I'm going to keep this between us. Just know that he could lose the throne if you two aren't careful," she explained, giving a bit more detail as to why she had come.

"Yes, I know. We're being as careful as we can. The last thing I want is for him to lose the kingdom because of me. Thank you for keeping this quiet," Marshall replied, showing an appreciative side that only a handful of people had seen.

Peppermint Maid was honestly surprised by his mature reply. Perhaps he was a bit more mature than she had once thought. However, just because he could keep up with a complex conversation didn't mean that he wasn't a troublemaker.

"You are welcome, Marshall. Now, that being said you should know... If you hurt him or break his heart, I will break you ten times worse. As far as I'm concerned, he is my son. I raised him to the very best of my abilities and I am not about to let you swoop in and ruin it. This is your only warning," she snapped before walking out swiftly, leaving Marshall with his thoughts.

He huffed as she left, hardly believing the threat he just received from her. He had never received a threat from anyone, so getting a threat from Peppermint Maid was mind boggling.

It wasn't like Marshall planned on hurting Gumball anyway, but now he was definitely heeding her warning.