Chapter 8

Third Person

Peppermint Maid returned to the Candy Kingdom, only to find Gumball down in his lab. It was a pretty common site for her, so she just peeked in, made sure he was okay and left him to get his work done.

But of course, whenever Gumball tried to get some form of work done, something always comes along to ruin it. In this case, it was Fiona and Cake.

"Hey Gumwad, we're going on an adventure!" Fiona yelled, running into his lab.

Gumball sighed loudly, being irritated that of all days, she chose to show up now. Of course, Cake was with her, which she wasn't as bad a distraction as Fiona.

"Fiona, I'm really busy today. Go have fun with Cake," he replied, writing down a few more things on his notepad.

"Oh c'mon Gumball! We haven't gone on an adventure together in ages! It'll be fun, I promise!" she begged, craving some form of social time.

Gumball still refused, not particularly feeling like going on an adventure. Whenever Fiona did manage to drag him out, it always turned into a life or death situation. And since Gumball finally had something to look forward to in his life, he didn't particularly feel like dying that day.

"Please Gumball!!!"

"Fiona, I said no and I mean it. I'm not going with you," he replied sternly, letting her know he was not in the mood for her games.

Fiona huffed and stomped her foot out of frustration like a child. She always got her way with Gumball, but now that he said no, it made her upset, in a rather childish way. Although he didn't care that she was acting childish, it was an even bigger distraction than before.

Gumball collected his things and went up to his room, locking the door. He wasn't going to let Fiona in his room. This was the only place he could truly get some quiet. 

Fiona followed him and tried to open the door, letting out a loud groan when she realized it was locked. Gumball smirked to himself until he heard the doorknob jiggle.

"I'm not letting you in Fiona."

"You don't have to, Cake is gonna," she replied smugly.

Cake had taken the shape of a key in an attempt to unlock the door from their side. Gumball rolled his eyes, opening his nightstand drawer. Cake instantly stopped once she smelled the small bag of catnip.

"Cake, I'll give you this whole bag of catnip if you take Fiona somewhere else," he offered, knowing that the cat would never refuse catnip.

Cake shrunk down and ran under the door, collecting her pay before running back out.

"Sweet babies!"

Gumball rolled his eyes but felt satisfied once he heard the sound of Fiona's yelling getting more distant. He knew Cake wouldn't back out if catnip was the prize.

Now that Fiona and Cake were gone, Gumball would finally be able to catch up on his work. Hopefully, there would be no more distractions for today.