Chapter 33

Third Person

Marshall Lee wasn't sure what to expect when he entered the room. Gumball was sitting on his bed, his head resting in his hands. He seemed so calm but was obviously stressing.

"Gumball... I'm sorry you saw that... I didn't mean for you to... I was just trying to protect you..." the vampire explained softly, sitting next to him.

"I know... And somehow I felt like this would happen eventually... I just didn't want it to because I thought there might have been a way to turn things around..." Gumball replied, wiping a tear from his cheek.

Marshall pulled him close and hugged him. This comforted the Candy Prince slightly, making him sigh softly.

"Fiona wouldn't have changed, Gumball... She was kinda crazy... For whatever reason she hated us being together. I don't think she would've stopped trying to tear us apart until something bad happened."

"I suppose you're right... I guess I just had some naive hope that she would change..." the Candy Prince admitted, knowing Marshall was right.

Fiona would never have changed. She would always be out to sabotage the two. In her mind, it didn't make sense for them to be together. Jealousy took over her mind and made her do horrible things. She tried to hurt her friends many times. It was truly better this way.

If Fiona were still alive who knows what could've happened? She could have hurt Gumball or their child. Glob knows where she was planning to take him. It's better that those questions remain unanswered.

"I'm sorry, Gumball. I know you were kinda close... But... I think it's better this way..." Marshall spoke, hearing his partner still had a few thoughts buzzing.

"Yeah... You're right..."

The two cuddled to try and forget the past events of the evening. It seemed like just when the two became happy something had to come and ruin it all. It wasn't fair to them. All they wanted was to live happily with each other. Was that too much to ask for? It didn't seem that way to them.

Perhaps the future would be better. After all, they were getting married relatively soon and would have a child in a few months. Sure it was fast, but they were happy together. And if they were happy then why wait?

Some would argue that they were too young to be moving so fast, but it wasn't like they would listen. Marshall had been around for over one thousand years. He had never felt like this with anyone. Although Gumball was only seventeen he knew that he only wanted Marshall. He never felt romantic love for anyone until he met Marshall.

The two were truly meant to be. Nothing was going to change their mind. Even if the Council had banished Gumball they would still be together. There was no one else who was a more perfect match for either of them. They couldn't imagine being without the other. But they supposed that was what true love did to a person. It made them inseparable.