Chapter 25

Third Person

The two returned to the Candy Kingdom as soon as they possibly could and began looking for a reason to why Gumball shouldn't be exiled. The Council wouldn't exile Marshall because, to be perfectly honest, they were all too scared and didn't know who would rule over the Nightosphere. Although most likely it would be his mother, who was far worse.

The two thought of the child Gumball was carrying, but they feared that adding that into the Council might make matters worse. They weren't sure how they would react to the Candy Prince being pregnant.

The two ended up going to the Candy Kingdom archives. Marshall had been searching there at a previous time but hadn't found anything useful. They still decided to search there anyway.

They searched for some sort of loophole or alternate rule that would cancel out the first one. So far they hadn't found anything. Gumball was beginning to worry that they might not find one. The last thing he wanted was to leave his kingdom with Lemon Grab.

It would be chaos if Lemon Grab ruled. Everyone would be thrown in the dungeon and no one would be happy. Most would fall into depression from being locked somewhere so dark and unhappy. The whole kingdom would become a dark place of sorrow. Gumball refused to let that happen.

"Gumball, I've searched the archives before... I don't think we're going to find anything..." Marshall said softly, closing an extremely thick book.

"No... I won't give up... I can't let the Candy kingdom be ruled by someone like Lemon Grab... I'm not giving up until the very last second..." Gumball replied, grabbing several more large books of rules.

The vampire sighed and took the heavier books from the Candy Prince. He didn't want him lifting heavy things because of his delicate state.

"Well... We do have a few days... Maybe there is something worth finding in all these old dusty books..." Marshall replied, grabbing a few more and returning back to the table where they were searching.

The real trouble was that they weren't sure what book to be searching in. It could be in any of the ones in the archive. And there were hundreds. Three days wasn't a lot of time for that. Luckily both were fast readers and skimming the pages on top of that.

The Candy Kingdom is where Gumball grew up. He was supposed to rule once he was eighteen. It wouldn't be fair to remove him from the land simply because of his sexual orientation. He was a good kid too. It would be a nice change from all the other, not so sweet, monarchs the kingdom had in the past. And almost everyone in the kingdom knew him personally and liked him. No one liked Lemon Grab because of the need to throw innocent people in the dungeon. It was also the extremely annoying and shrill voice.

The day morphed into the night and the sky faded from blue to black within hours. It had been a long day, but Gumball was refusing to give up. This seemed like his ultimate challenge. This was the one thing he had to get done on time. And since Marshall loved him, he was going to stay and help for as long as he could.