Chapter 35

Third Person

The more Marshall Lee thought of it the more he realized that Gumball wouldn't be making a lot of changes in his life by being a vampire. He was already staying up at night with the vampire and hardly going in sunlight. Most the things he ate were red or shades of pink anyway. It wouldn't be much different.

Perhaps it would be a good thing. Then Gumball wouldn't be tired or have to wait for the sun to go down. He could spend as much time with Marshall as he wanted. And the Candy Prince actually preferred the moon over the sun anyway.

Gumball was resting in a chair for a bit while Marshall wrote down his next song. The thought of losing the one he loved had sparked an idea in his mind. This might not be one he performed at a concert, but it would certainly be one he could sing to his partner.

The Candy Prince enjoyed when the vampire sang to him. He enjoyed Marshall's music and enjoyed it more when he knew it was written for him. It made him feel special.

"Hey Gummy, do you think your parents would've approved of us?" Marshall asked, being curious and wanted to know because he had never had the opportunity to meet the other's, parents.

"Um... Well, I'm not really sure... We didn't really talk about the future... Although they might not have liked the fact that you're a vampire... I think once they got to know you that they would have liked you... But Peppermint Maid is more like my mother now and she likes you..." Gumball replied, not getting to talk about his parents very often.

Marshall nodded and continued to write. He wrote down all the lyrics to his song, although he practically remembered them all already. He had a good memory.

The vampire sat on his knees and hugged the other's waist. Gumball smiled, liking when Marshall hugged him.

"I finished my song," the vampire spoke.

"Let me hear it then," the candy prince replied.

"If you ever leave me, baby,
Leave some morphine at my door,
'Cause it would take a whole lot of medication,
To realize what we used to have,
We don't have it anymore.

There's no religion that could save me,
No matter how long my knees are on the floor (Ooh,)
So keep in mind all the sacrifices I'm makin',
To keep you by my side,
To keep you from walkin' out the door.

'Cause there'll be no moonlight
If I lose you, baby.
There'll be no clear skies
If I lose you, baby.
Just like the clouds
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away,
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain.

I'd never be your mother's favorite.
Your daddy wouldn't even look me in the eye.
Ooh, if I was in their shoes, I'd be doing the same thing,
Sayin' "There goes my little boy
Walkin' with that troublesome guy."

But they're just afraid of something they can't understand.
Ooh, but little darlin' watch me change their minds.
Yeah for you I'll try, I'll try, I'll try, I'll try,
And pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding,
If that'll make you mine.

'Cause there'll be no moonlight,
If I lose you, baby.
There'll be no clear skies,
If I lose you, baby.
Just like the clouds,
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away,
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain.

Oh, don't you say (don't you say,) goodbye (goodbye,)
Don't you say (don't you say,)
goodbye (goodbye,)
I'll pick up these broken pieces 'til I'm bleeding,
If that'll make it right.

'Cause there'll be no moonlight,
If I lose you, baby.
There'll be no clear skies,
If I lose you, baby.
And just like the clouds,
My eyes will do the same, if you walk away,
Everyday it'll rain, rain, ra-a-a-ain."

Gumball smiled and kissed the other's lips gently, letting him know just how much he loved the new song.