Chapter 29

Third Person

To celebrate the end of the stressful times Marshall Lee decided to have a concert. It would be the first performance of his newest song. He also invited all of the Council members for a very special reason.

The two boys finally felt free. Gumball turned eighteen within a few days, but technically they wouldn't have to hide it anymore. Marshall wasn't living and that was the loophole in the, ever so homophobic and horrid, rule. But the issue was resolved and all was well now.

Gumball returned to the Candy Kingdom with Marshall, receiving a very tight and eager hug from Peppermint Maid. He smiled and hugged her back, feeling happy to be back home with everyone he knew.

"Marshall told me this morning. Maybe you being with a vampire wasn't such a bad thing, after all, Gumball," she said happily, wiping the tears of joys from her eyes.

Her statement earned a small laugh from Gumball and a roll of the eyes from Marshall.

"Actually I'm a vampire and a demon," he corrected, hugging his lover close before taking him up to his bedroom.

"The concert isn't for a few hours, so we have some time to kill,~" the vampire purred, biting Gumball's neck.

The candy boy blushed darkly as a small moan escaped his lips. He hadn't expected the bite and it had been quite a while since Marshall had fed off of him. But the vampire was right. Perhaps the two had some time for a little fun.

The concert Marshall planned wasn't just for the ending of the Council matters or because of his new song. He had one more thing planned. This one thing meant far more than any other parts of the concert. He was eager to ask.

Gumball put on the band T-shirt Marshall had given him and the two headed out to the woods. The Candy Prince liked to wear the shirt and wore it to every concert Marshall took him to. He even wore it as pajamas sometimes too.

As the concert began, Gumball stood towards the back. He didn't like being up in the front because of his social anxiety. But most of the Council members were near the front. Although he didn't really care about being with the other Council members.

The performance started like any other. Marshall sang several songs that were well known to his fans to get them hyped up. Then it nearly went silent.

"I've written a new song and I'm going to perform it for the first time... It represents a lot of different things, but it's mostly about some certain people who were trying to break up my relationship with the man I love," the vampire explained, beginning to play his guitar.

"You don't own me,
You don't own me.

Woah, let's go,
But I'm Gerald and I can always have just what I want,
He's that baddest I would love to flaunt,
Take him shopping, you know Yves Saint Laurent,
But nope, he ain't with it though,
All because he got his own dough,
Boss bossed if you don't know,
He could never ever be a broke hoe.

You don't own me,
I'm not just one of your many toys
You don't own me,
Don't say I can't go out with my boy.

Don't tell me what to do,
And don't tell me what to say,
Please, when I go out with you,
Don't put me on display.

You don't own me,
Don't try to change me in any way.
You don't own me,
Don't tie me down 'cause I'd never stay.

Don't tell me what to do,
And don't tell me what to say,
Please, when I go out with you,
Don't put me on display.

R-r-r-really though, honestly,
I get bored of basic bitches,
He's the baddest, straight up vicious, texting him asking him,
If he's alone and if he'd sent some, pictures, he said no (what),
Well goddamn, he said come over and, see it for yourself,
Never asking for your help, independent man,
He ain't for the shelf,
No, he's the one,
Smoke with him till the weed is gone,
Stayin' up until we see the sun,
Baddest ever, I swear he do it better, than I've ever seen it done,
Never borrow, he ain't ever loan,
That's when he told me he ain't never, ever ever ever gonna be owned.

I don't tell you what to say,
I don't tell you what to do,
So just let me be myself,
That's all I ask of you,
I'm young and I love to be young,
I'm free and I love to be free,
To live my life the way I want,
To say and do whatever I please.

Hey hey (you don't own me) oh, no,
Oh no no,
Hey no no no,
Don't you, don't,
You don't own me,
Na na na na,
You don't own me (easy),
You don't own me." Marshall sang, the crowd roaring with love for his new song. 

While the members of the Council didn't exactly like what the song represented, it was a good sounding song. Gumball, however, loved the song.

"Now there's one more thing I want to do..."

Marshall quickly flew out over the crowd and grabbed Gumball's hand, dragging him back up to the stage. The Candy Prince quickly asked what the vampire was planning, but fell silent when he got down on one knee. His heart was racing as he realized what Marshall had planned.

"Gumball, I love you more than anything. You've made me the happiest I've ever been in my existence... The only way you could make me any happier was if you would do me the honors of being my husband. Will you marry me?"

Gumball hugged Marshall tightly, nearing yelling his response, which was obviously yes. The crowd screamed in excitement as they realized what was happening.

Marshall slid a black band with a pink diamond onto the other's ring finger and they both smiled.

The day had been a roller coaster, but it had an amazing end that everyone truly loved.