Chapter 30

Third Person

The two boys shared a sweet kiss when they arrived back at the Candy Kingdom. The night truly had a perfect ending for them. But the downside of having a good night? Everything else is overshadowed.

The banana guards were so focused on details that they didn't notice Fiona escaping the dungeon. None of the staff were watching, so it was the perfect time to run.

By the time anyone noticed she would be long gone. Or so she planned to be. Everyone was so distracted that she could possibly get away with a few other things if she was smart.

Fiona snuck through the castle, keeping her blade low. The banana guards weren't always the best at their jobs. They did let Fiona keep her sword after all. Anyone with a brain shouldn't let someone have a weapon while they're in the dungeon. But, like it was said before, banana guards are not always the smartest.

"Is Fiona still in the dungeon?" Gumball asked one of the guards, thinking about possibly letting her return home.

The guard shrugged and went to go check and see. None of the guards had been watching her for the last hour or so. She could've left at any time, but right now she was still in the castle and getting closer.

The guard quickly ran back once they realized she was gone. All of them knew this would be bad.

"She's gone!"

Marshall and Gumball gave each other worried looks as everyone looked in the area around them. No one could see her.

"Perhaps she escaped and returned home..." the Candy Prince suggested, trying to ease the tension in the room.

"We both know Fiona well enough to know she wouldn't do that. She's still here." the vampire replied, staying close to his fiance.

"You're not helping, Marshall..." Gumball muttered quietly.

He was worried about everyone's safety. Fiona had been proved to be quite dangerous during their last few encounters. She'd drawn her sword in them several times now, one on occasion cutting Gumball's hands and on another cutting Marshall's face.

Neither of them actually considered her to be their friend anymore. She may not have realized it, but she was being very homophobic about their relationship; worse than some of the Council members who whispered slurs as they walked by. She was trying to kill them. There's a point where you have to stop being friends with someone. Marshall and Gumball had already reached that point with Fiona long ago.

"She couldn't have gotten very far..." one of the guards stated.

While the guards went to go search for her, Marshall took Gumball upstairs. It was better that they stay away from all the "excitement." The last thing either of them needed was to get hurt.

Sure, Marshall could heal, but Gumball was carrying their child. If anything happened to either of them he would never forgive himself. He had to make sure they both stayed safe. The vampire wasn't about to let some jealous and crazy human destroy his family.