Chapter 41

Third Person

Now that everything was alright the couple could finally get married. They planned to get married that night on the beach. The moonlight always made the waves a beautiful silver and they both enjoyed it. Plus, neither of them or their child would be able to go in the sunlight. Everyone could go in the moonlight, so the problem was solved.

Now the only thing keeping them from marriage was time. The two slept through the day and awoke at sunset. Of course, because the kingdom was traditional Gumball and Marshall had to sleep in separate rooms. Neither of them enjoyed it, but it was only for a matter of hours.

Gumball dressed in a dark pink tuxedo, similar to the shade of the sunset only more relaxed. It wasn't very bright. Marshall dressed in a tuxedo as well, his being a deep shade of red. Leo would be the ring bearer and there would be no need for a flower girl.

The moon shone brightly over the water as everyone arrived. It was a beautiful setting. It really couldn't have been better. Although a few people didn't exactly like the thought of a nighttime wedding. There wasn't really any other way unless Marshall and Gumball held umbrellas the entire time. Even then they could get burned by the sunlight. And someone would have to hold Leo under an umbrella to keep him safe from the light.

Marshall stood at the end of the aisle, smiling when he saw Gumball become visible. The candy boy shared a small shy smile as he saw his partner. All of the nerves he was feeling that were "before wedding jitters" had transformed into happiness.

Gumball smiled as he walked down the aisle, alone. Peppermint maid would have walked with him, but she was holding Leo. Other than that there wasn't exactly anyone to walk with him. Not that anyone would have to give him away anyway.

The two stood across from each other, holding hands. Nothing was going to ruin this for them. They would finally be together forever.

"You may say your vows," the preacher spoke, gesturing to both of them.

"Marshall, in all my life I never thought I would find someone who could make me so happy, just by being around me. I know that we've been through a lot together, a lot that should've driven us apart, but it didn't. We stayed strong and a lot of that was you reassuring me that it would be okay. I can never thank you enough. I know that I will love you no matter what. The only thing I want now is to spend the rest of eternity with you," Gumball said, tearing up with happiness.

The preacher then turned and gestured for Marshall to say his vows.

"Gumball, I didn't know what love was until I met you. I know we didn't exactly see eye to eye in the beginning, but I knew something was going to come out of our friendship. I didn't care what it took. I was willing to do anything to be with you and never let you go. If I had to I would do everything all over again I would. I love you and I'll always love you, from now until the end of days,"  Marshall said, smiling at the other.

The two shared a soft "I love you" as the preacher pronounced them to be married.

"You may now kiss your partner."

The two shared a deep kiss as everyone clapped. All the two had been through now became worth it. In the end, they stayed together. They beat everyone who wanted them apart. Now they were going to be together, for all eternity.

The End.