Chapter 9

Third Person

Since Cake had removed Fiona from the castle, they now had to find a new adventure to go on. Fiona was still upset that her cat, and best friend, conspired against her, but perked up when Cake suggested heading to Marshall Lee's house.

The duo made their way to his home and nearly beat down his front door. The vampire sighed out of annoyance as he answered the door, holding his guitar to show that he was busy.

"Hey, Marshall wanna go on an adventure with us???" Fiona asked eagerly, practically bouncing with excitement.

"Not really. I'm busy," he replied, raising his guitar.

Fiona rolled her eyes and ran in, jumping onto his couch. Marshall sighed and put his guitar down. Cake was hesitant to follow because she always got a bit jumpy around the vampire, but did so anyway. She just stayed close to Fiona.

"Why won't you go on an adventure with us?" Fiona whined, shifting to lay on the couch upside down.

"Because I'm busy working on a new song," he replied, rolling his eyes at her childish nature.

Cake opened Marshall's song book while he was distracted with Fiona and flipped through it. The cat didn't know all of his songs but knew a good few from the concerts she had gone to with Fiona.

She flipped to the most recent page in the book and read over the lyrics. They weren't finished yet, but they seemed to be lyrics to a love song. Cake stared at them in confusion for a moment before having to break up Marshall and Fiona before they killed each other in their wrestling match.

Marshall hissed as his face became more demonic, scaring Cake away and making her fur frizz out. She really didn't like Marshall, but Fiona was his friend so she had to put up with him.

Marshall thought it was funny to freak out Cake with his abilities. All he had to do was hiss and she would be jumping into Fiona's arms. But since she was so scared of him, she went back to looking through his notebook.

Once Marshall realized she was reading his lyrics he snatched his notebook back, hissing.

"That's my personal stuff. Don't touch it," he snapped.

Cake huffed and grabbed Fiona's arm, beginning to drag her out. Fiona wasn't sure what was going on but thought that it probably had to do with Marshall. Perhaps Cake got too scared and wanted to go home.

Once they reached their treehouse, Cake was ready to explain why they left.

"Fiona, Marshall had lyrics to a love song in his book! He's got a crush on someone!!!" she explained, grabbing her friend's face and squishing it between her paws.

"Really? Who do you think it is? Do you think it could be me???" Fiona asked, feeling like she had close relationships with all her friends, even though a lot of them thought she was annoying.

"I'm not sure... There wasn't enough written to know who it was... But I'd really like to know..."