Chapter 38

((A/N: Okay guys, just letting you know that anyone who compares my story to Twilight is getting blocked whether you've finished the book or not. This is the only warning.))

Third Person

For a moment it seemed like Marshall was in shock. The reality of being a father hit him like a sack of bricks. But there was no time for that.

"O-Okay!" He said while helping Gumball up.

Adrenaline was starting to his nerves and anxiety into energy and excitement. Gumball, however, was in excruciating pain.

In the end, Marshall decided to carry Gumball to the infirmary. He would need all the available strength he had during the delivery. The vampire wasn't going to let him use it walking, he would barely have enough strength, to begin with.

"Oh, Glob this hurts!" The Candy Prince cried out, hugging Marshall's neck tightly.

"I know, Gummy... It'll be okay soon..." the vampire replied, trying to comfort his lover.

Gumball, however, could hardly be comforted in a situation where it felt like his organs were being ripped in half. It was the most excruciating pain he ever thought he would feel. He would definitely have a newfound respect for women carrying children after this experience.

When the two arrived at the infirmary almost nothing was set up. The two had been telling doctors for at least a week to be ready because a baby could come at any time. Now here they were, scrambling to make sure they would have everything they needed.

Marshall sighed as Pound Cake arrived, seeing as she was the most reliable doctor there was in the Candy Kingdom.

"I told you to get this done days ago!" she growled, seeing that it was time for their child to be born.

It took roughly ten minutes for everything to be set up as it should. Marshall was trying to comfort Gumball during that time, but it wasn't exactly working. To the Candy Prince the ten minutes they had to wait felt like ten hours of contraction after contraction.

"Lay him here Marshall," Pound Cake instructed in a stern voice.

Marshall did as she asked, her being the only one who was actually qualified to do a surgery like this.

"It's gonna be okay, Gumball," the vampire said softly, holding the other's hand.

"You're not the one with a baby trying to claw its way out!" Gumball replied, squeezing the other's hand tightly with a new found pregnancy strength.

Marshall didn't feel pain so it didn't bother him. If Gumball needed to squeeze his hand it wouldn't affect him.

"We have to do this now," Pound Cake cut in, injecting a shot of painkillers into the candy prince's thigh and grabbing a scalpel.

"Shouldn't you let that spread?" Marshall asked, seeing that any pain killing drugs were just now being used.

"There's no time! If I don't get this baby out and you turn him immediately after then he dies!" the doctor replied, being a bit short with the vampire in this situation.

"Glob just do it already!" Gumball yelled, just wanting their child to be the top priority.

Pound Cake took that as the sign to start and made the incision into Gumball's abdomen. The candy boy screamed out in pain from the drugs not being spread far enough but wasn't stopping anyone. Marshall, however, wanted to scream stop as he saw his partner in so much pain. And the blood would be enough to drive any vampire mad, but he was holding it together.

About five agonizing minutes of cutting and moving things around the two heard the crying of a baby. Their baby. Their baby was born unharmed.

"It's a boy," Pound Cake said happily, handing the newborn to a nurse to get cleaned up.

Gumball smiled weakly as a tear of joy made its way down his cheek.

"We have a son..." he said softly, staring at the nurse in the distance.

"Yeah, we do..." Marshall replied.

"I hate to interrupt but you need to turn him now," Pound Cake cut in, not allowing any time that could cost Gumball's life.

Marshall nodded and bit his partner's neck. He then cut his tongue on his fang and licked over the bite marks, transferring his blood to the other. A few moments passed after that. Gumball was only getting weaker. It wasn't working.