Chapter 10

Third Person

The idea was brewing in Fiona's mind as well as Cake's. They wanted to know who Marshall Lee had a crush on. Fiona had it in her mind that it had to be her, but the cat figured it was probably Gumball. With the way they were always spending time together, it just made sense. And Cake always secretly hoped they would end up together, even if Fiona had crushes on both of them. She just didn't see either of them being with Fiona.

The next day Marshall went to see Gumball instead of staying in. At least that way if Fiona and Cake came around his house he wouldn't be home. And he would be with Gumball if they came around the castle.

Neither Gumball nor Marshall could really remember why they were friends with the human, but they were. She was annoying and always came around at the worst of times. Not to mention she almost always brought some sort terrifying monster along that was trying to kill her.

But for now, at least, they had the castle to themselves. Themselves and the staff that is. The two would never really have the castle just to themselves, but this was better than nothing.

They decided to watch a movie, one that Fiona had dug up and given to Gumball. He hadn't watched it yet and figured there was nothing better to do right now. The two sat together on Gumball's bed as the movie was projected on the opposite wall. This was like the equivalent of their date night.

Since they figured no one was going to pop in anytime soon, so they decided to cuddle during the movie. It wasn't the first time they had done things like that, but there was always the risk of getting caught, so they were always ready to move if they needed to.

As soon as they heard the doorknob start turning, they were on opposite sides of the bed. The banana guard shrugged it off and left, making them sigh in relief.

This happened several more times. Each one was closer and closer to catching them, but they managed to look calm and like they weren't cuddling.

The only time something interesting happened during a surprise check from Peppermint Maid was when Marshall blew a bubble out of bubblegum and made a loud 'pop!' with it. It made Gumball cringe and huff because Marshall had bitten him and that's where he got the gum from. Peppermint Maid rolled her eyes because of Marshall Lee's need to fluster Gumball and left.

The vampire snickered and popped another bubble, causing Gumball to huff.

"I'd appreciate if you wouldn't eat me," he spoke up, really hating when Marshall fed off him.

"Sorry Gummy.~ You're too sweet to resist,~" he purred, pulling his love close.

Gumball sighed and laid his head on Marshall's chest and the two watched the rest of the movie. There were no more interruptions for the rest of the day. The two just watched the rest of their movie and cuddled.