Chapter 11

Third Person

Marshall Lee went home soon after to work on his music and let Gumball get some sleep since Marshall didn't technically need sleep. After all, he technically wasn't alive. But he decided he was going to let the one he loved rest while he went to work on his own project.

He often wrote his songs about personal experiences and feelings or stories, but the one thing he wanted to write about now was Gumball. Ever since Marshall wrote the first song to get his attention, he hasn't been able to get Gumball off his mind.

So, he started thinking about all the things he loved about Gumball. He liked a lot of things. In fact, he wasn't sure there was anything he didn't like about him, other than his need to work all the time. And the fact that they couldn't be open about their relationship. Although, that was about the Candy Kingdom's dumb rule. If the rule didn't exist then there would be no need to conceal their love.

But perhaps there was a loophole in the situation. Marshall didn't know all the rules but was sure that there had to be some small loophole somewhere. After all, no contract is perfect. It would be nearly impossible to cover all aspects and scenarios. So there had to be a way to get away with it. Even if they didn't, it was only a few more months until they would be able to be exclusive.

But perhaps there was a way if Marshall searched. He wasn't actually sure where to search, or when to start, but he probably would soon. And the place to find rules, regulations and guidelines would be the Candy Kingdom archives. That would be quite a tedious quest, but the vampire figured he could get it done within a few days of searching.

When Gumball awoke he saw that Marshall was gone from his room. He sighed and wiped the sleep from his eyes and got up. He noticed a note on his night stand and picked it up. It was from Marshall of course.

"Sorry to leave you Gummy, I figured you needed some sleep after the last few nights. Love, Marshall Lee..." Gumball read softly, a smile taking over his face.

Gumball had been tired and it was considerate of Marshall to do, but he still wouldn't have minded if the vampire stayed. He would've liked to wake up with him there, but he supposed this was okay too.

It's not like Marshall abandoned him with no explanation. He did leave a note after all. Some people wouldn't even think to do that. Some people would have just left him without an explanation at all. And while some thought it was okay, some saw it as wrong.  Still, it was sweet of Marshall to do.

The vampire had apologized in his song for not being made of sugar, but Gumball was starting to think that maybe there was some sugar in him after all.