Chapter 26

Third Person

It was well past midnight by the time the two had called it a night. Gumball was exhausted and was asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow. Marshall, however, didn't require sleep and was still wide awake.

The vampire now decided to write a song. He wanted something to piss off the council while still being about the relationship that Gumball and him shared. As soon as the idea came into his head he wasn't able to stop writing.

Writing music was what Marshall did best after all. He could write songs for just about anything he wanted to. This song actually meant something.

The sun rose early that morning, waking up the Candy Prince with its light shining through his window. But as soon as he was awake, he was up and getting dressed, getting ready to go back to the archives.

The vampire was awake already, levitating above the bed and strumming his guitar. He hummed the lyrics of the song he wrote the previous night and adjusted any details that needed tweaking.

"Marshall, please. Can't your music wait?" The Candy Prince asked, nearly dragging him out of the room.

Marshall sighed and put his guitar down, hoping that they would be able to find something by the time the night was over. They had to have searched at least a third of the books by now and had found nothing. There had to be something.

"Marshall, what if we can't find anything? Then what'll happen?" Gumball asked, becoming more and more worried and time went on.

"Don't worry Gumball. I won't let that happen. We'll find something," he replied, easing some of his lover's stress.

The two continued to search the archives for anything useful. It was their second day and they were still empty handed. No matter how exhausted they became they weren't going to give up.

Unfortunately, the Council had decided that no one be able to help the two on their mission. It wasn't exactly fair to leave them stranded with no clues or help, but it's what happened.

"I think it's kind of shitty that the Council only gave us three days to find something and won't allow us to have help..." Marshall muttered, grabbing several more books from the shelves they were still searching.

"Language, please... And I know it isn't fair... I wish we could have help too, but we can't... If we did the Council would say our evidence, if we even manage to find any, would be invalid," Gumball replied, slowly beginning to lose hope.

"Don't worry, Gummy. We'll find that dumb book and when we do they'll have to let you stay," the vampire spoke with a bit of confidence to make up for what his love was losing.

Another day faded to night and the two were still searching with nothing found. It was several more hours before Marshall took Gumball home.

The vampire could see that his lover was nearly asleep and put him to bed. He sighed softly and ran a hand through his hair. If they actually were going to find this loophole, if there was one, they would need more time. Realizing this, Marshall went back for the night. He wasn't going to let the one he loved down.