Chapter 32

Third Person

Gumball was shocked to see the girl he once considered to be his friend lying lifelessly on the ground. It was actually far worse than lifeless. She was decapitated. The style was similar to that of an executioner's but far messier.

Blood coated parts of the wall and was soaking into the floor. Marshall would've tried to comfort his lover, but he was covered in blood himself so he was keeping his distance. The shock had overtaken Gumball's entire body and he just stood there, staring.

Peppermint Maid walked into the hall and gasped.

"What in Glob's name happened here!?" she yelled, unintentionally letting most of the nearby staff that something was wrong.

The Candy Prince still remained silent. It seemed like he was barely even breathing. He seemed calm but was terribly stiff.

"She tried to hurt Gumball... I didn't know where she was trying to take him so we fought... I think it's clear who came out as the winner..." Marshall explained, rubbing the back of his neck.

Peppermint Maid hugged Gumball tightly, trying to soothe him out of the state he was in. It didn't seem to do very much. She sighed and lead him to his room.

Other members of the staff cleaned up the mess from Fiona's body as well as they could. It hadn't completely dried so they were able to get most of it out.

Meanwhile, Peppermint Maid was trying to help the candy boy she loved back into reality. When he saw Fiona, one of his friends, lifeless on the ground, it was like his whole world seemed to stop. Everything just shut down. He couldn't continue to function.

"Come on, Gumball... It's okay... It was all just a bad dream..." she lied, hoping to lure him out of his trance.

Unfortunately, it didn't work. There was no way he could ever forget what he just witnessed. It would haunt him along with the fact that the man he loved killed someone who was his best friend.

Most would think that Gumball would be happy that she would no longer interfere with his life, but they would be wrong. Even with all the recent events, he still recalled the good times he had with her. Plus, Gumball also wasn't the type to wish death on anyone. Even if Fiona did deserve the fate she received he didn't wish for it to happen.

Peppermint Maid sighed and exited the room, leaving him to his thoughts. She met Marshall in the hall, only having the blood washed from his grayish skin.

"I'm not sure how he's dealing with this... The last time he saw someone die was... His parents... But that was far less gruesome... Was a beheading really necessary, Marshall?" she asked, snapping a bit towards the end.

"I always take it a bit farther than I should... I've learned the hard way that you have to make sure your dead won't come back... I didn't mean for him to see..." he replied, staring longingly at Gumball's door.

"Well, I wasn't able to snap him out of it and I'm not sure you'll be able to either... But... It's worth a shot..."

Marshall nodded and entered the room slowly, unsure what would happen in the time to come.