Chapter 24

"I still can't believe he left this close to the wedding?" Kara shakes her head.

"It's important to his golf management business that he attend this meeting." Becca defends Niall. "He's still in Ireland."

"Yeah, the other end of the country, practically."

"I have to admit, it scared the hell out of me when he said 'remote area'. But, he promised he'd be back in time for the wedding." Becca says.

"He better be."

"Please just help me finish putting together the favor boxes." Becca pleads.

Kara grins. "These are really cute." The boxes are the colors of the Irish flag, filled with chocolates in the shapes of various sports and music symbols. "I think the guitars are my favorite."

"Kara, stop eating them all. Besides, the baseball bats taste way better." They both laugh.

Later that day, the seamstress stops by for one last check of Becca and Kara's dresses. Kara is trying on hers when Becca receives a call. "Niall?"

"Hey, Babe. How's everything going?"

"Good. I'm getting ready to try on my dress one last time before the wedding."

"I can't wait to see you in it, B. I miss you."

"I miss you too. You will be home sometime tomorrow, right? We have the rehearsal and dinner in the evening."

"Yes, Darling. We have one meeting today and the final one tomorrow morning. Then I'm flying out. I promise."

"Alright."

"B, don't sound so down. I'll be there."

"I'm sorry, Irish. I just don't want anything to delay you becoming my husband."

"I love you, B. Thanks for understanding."

"I love you, Niall. Bye."

"Was that the leprechaun?" Kara asks.

Becca turns to her friend. "Oh Kara, you look amazing. Green is your color."

"Thanks. All the other ladies will be in yellow?"

"Yep. My team colors." Becca winks.

"Alright, Bride, it's your turn." Kara grins.

Becca disappears with the seamstress to put on her wedding gown. She blushes as she returns to the room and Kara tears up.

"Beautiful, absolutely perfect." Kara says.

Becca turns to look at herself in the mirror. "Thanks, Kara. You think Niall will like it?"

Kara laughs. "Are you kidding? The leprechaun is gonna lose his shit."

Becca laughs. "I guess that's a good thing."

The seamstress speaks up, "Everything looks great. You are all set to get married."

"She just needs a groom." Kara smirks.

The next morning, Kara accompanies Becca to do a final walk through of the venues. "Have you spoke with Niall this morning?"

Becca shakes her head. "No, he's not answering."

"I'm sure he's just busy in a meeting." Kara insists.

"I hope so." Becca replies.

They stop by the reception hall first. Becca's breath catches as she enters. The room is draped in shimmering, sheer fabric, giving it a dream like feel. The table coverings match the white fabric with black silk table runners.