Chapter 42

*** 1 Year Later ***

Becca sits at the table, Kara standing proudly on her right and Niall standing even more proudly on her left. She's feeling overwhelmed looking out at the long line of people waiting to meet her.

One year ago this week, Kara told Becca about the offer her boss had for her. He wanted Becca to write a series of sports books. At first she was nervous, she'd written articles, but never a book before. Niall encouraged her and going on tour with him allowed her the time she needed to focus on writing the first two books. Today is her first book signing.

Niall can see the nervousness in her eyes. He reaches for her hand, bending down beside her. "You've got this, B. I'm so proud of you."

Her heart soars at his words. "Thank you for being here with me."

"Darling, you came with me and supported me on my tour. I am happy to return the favor and be with you on your book tour. I love you."

"I love you, Niall. More and more every day."

"Excuse me, Mrs. Horan?"

Becca reluctantly turns from her handsome husband to acknowledge the book store's manager. "Yes?"

"It's time to begin."

Becca nods. "I'm ready."

Kara straightens the books lined up on the table.

"I'll see you after, Darling."

"Wait, Irish, where are you going?"

"I'm going to wait in the back."

"I thought you'd stay out here with me?" She asks, her confidence wavering.

Niall leans down, leaving a kiss on her forehead. "My Love, it's your time to shine."

She smiles and he turns to walk away, turning back to give her a wink.

As they open the door and the line moves up, Becca can see just how long it really is.

Kara grins, "I'd say you have an extremely successful career, Mrs. Horan."

Becca smiles as the first person approaches her. "I guess I really can have it all."

                                                              The End.....For Now....