Chapter 8: Fireworks and Sparks

~1 month later~

*Becca's POV*

Evan and I had been together a month, and at first, it was amazing, but the relationship has seemed to fizzle out over the last week or so.

I mean, we see each other a lot, but that special connection isn't there

I decided my feelings for Riker: I like him. A LOT.

And I don't really like Evan anymore. He's been really shady recently, and I'm having doubts about him.

Y'know the saddest thing? Since I've started going out with Evan, Riker and I haven't spoken. We haven't met up, haven't called, haven't texted, NOTHING.

It's really getting me down.

I want my best friend back.

Anyway, Evan told me to meet him at his house at 12am, but I was outside his condo and it was only 11:30am.

I smiled as I thought I'd surprise him by sneaking into the house through the back door, since he gave me a key in case I needed it.

I snuck around the back of the house slyly, opening the door but freezing as I heard voices.

They were coming from the living room, and were 2 voices: a male and a female.

"You're so beautiful." The male said.

I'd recognise that voice anywhere. That's Evan!

"I really wanna do this, but what about your girlfriend?" The female asked wearily.

I edged closer to the living room.

"She doesn't have to know." Evan said louder this time.

I craned my neck around to see Evan making out with this random redhead chick.

My jaw fell to the floor and tears pricked my eyes.

"It seems like your girlfriend already knows, Evan." I said as I appeared from my hiding spot behind the door.

Evan sprung away from the girl and looked straight at me.

"Bec, it's not what it looks like." He tried to explain, but I interrupted.

"Oh yeah? It looks like you're purposely cheating on me with another girl!" I yelled tearfully, saltwater tears streaming down my face.

"Ok, it's exactly what it looks like." Evan mumbled, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly as the redhead looked on.

"How could you?! I trusted you!" I screamed, more tears rolling off my face.

"You don't have to explain, Evan. We're over. Don't ever speak to me again." I stated before running out to my car, where I sobbed to myself as I drove to the only place that would bring me solice.

Riker's house.

I just really hoped that he would talk to me if I just turned up at his doorstep.

I tried to calm myself down as much as I could before getting out of my car and heading for the door.

I noticed Riker's car was the only car at his house.

Thank god he was alone.

I knocked rapidly three times on the door, before it slowly opened.

*Riker's POV*

"Ok, Riker, there's mac and cheese on the stove, so cook it when you're ready. We'll be back around 4ish, so be careful, see you later! Love you!" Mom yelled to me as my family left the house, leaving me alone.