Chapter 24: Parent Problems

*Becca's POV*

I woke up to the sound of my door been knocked extremely loudly and sharply.

I rubbed my eyes, continuing to hear this loud thumping on my door. Riker stirred and looked down at me.

"What's that noise, babe?" He asked.

"Someone's at the door, I was just about to get up and answer it." I told him as he checked the time and showed me: 10:15am.

Riker nodded and let go of me, throwing a shirt on but leaving his glasses and following me to the door.

I looked through the peephole and my stomach dropped.

"Woah, babe, are you ok? You've gone pale." Riker wrapped his arm around my waist.

"It-It's my parents." I practically whispered. There was another sudden bang on the door, making me jump and hide my face in Rikers chest.

"We'll do this together, ok?" He reassured me, and I nodded into his shirt.

I pulled away from him and slowly opened the door to reveal my parents. Riker stood a little behind me.

"Where are my children?!" My mother exclaimed, her hands turning to fists as she looked at me.

I raised my eyebrows. "Excuse me? Your kids? The ones who walked on you?"

"WHERE ARE THEY?!" My dad yelled as my parents came storming into my apartment.

"Hey, hey, hey. Why don't you all settle this in a sophisticated manner: sit down, talk it out!" Riker asked my parents in a calm yet stern voice.

"Ah, you must be Riker." My dad piped up. "Well, it's nice to meet you and all, but I have some problems to take care of at the moment, so we'll leave the introductions till later." Riker just scoffed at my father's words.

"Now, would you please care to tell me where your siblings are, Rebecca?" My mother asked again.

"I don't know whether I can tell you that." I announced, folding my arms owe my chest.

"Well, where did they stay last night?" My mother pressed.

"Here." I answered simply. "And I've heard the tale of your little argument too."

"Whatever they said isn't true." My mother mumbled.

"How DARE you hit your own daughter." I began. "Don't even try denying that you hit her, because we have the bruises and the scars to prove it."

Riker stood next to me and laced his fingers through mine.

"DON'T YOU DARE SPEAK TO ME LIKE THAT, YOUNG LADY!" My mother yelled at me.

"I WILL DO AS I PLEASE!" I screamed back. "NATALIE AND CHRIS DON'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH EITHER OF YOU, SO JUST GET OUT OF OUR LIVES!"

"DO NOT BACKCHAT YOUR MOTHER, REBECCA! THINK ABOUT HOW SHE FEELS! My dad yelled.

"I DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT HOW SHE, OR YOU, FEEL. GET OUT OF HERE. NOW." I screamed at the top of my lungs.

"THAT'S IT." My mother started to walk towards me, raising her hand as she got nearer to me, as if to hit me.

"DON'T YOU DARE HIT HER!" Riker stood protectively in front of me and stopped my mom, holding her hand in the air. "Now, Mr and Mrs Hudson, if you could please leave, maybe we can talk about this in a mature fashion another time. But for now, leave." Riker pointed to the door.

My parents simply looked at each other aggressively before stomping out and slamming the door behind them.

As soon as that door was shut, I broke. Tears and sobs escaped my eyes and mouth, I started shaking, and my whole body tensed up. I slid down the nearest wall and pulled my knees to my chin, putting my face into my arms.