Chapter 10: A Few Surprises And A Promise

Pic of Chris over there ---->

*Becca's POV*

It had been a week since mine and Riker's date, and I couldn't have been happier. We'd been doing almost everything together, and had been inseparable in the last couple of days.

Today, I was going to the beach with my siblings, Chris and Natalie. I was driving my red Mini Cooper to my parents' house, parking outside and hopping out of the car and towards the large door.

I was wearing a pastel blue crop top which was tied at the bottom and denim ripped shorts with a pair of white flip flops. My hair was down and wavy, and I had a bright blue bikini underneath my outfit, and a very thin, almost transparent white cardigan over the top.

I knocked on the door and Natalie and Chris came tumbling out, Chris with a volleyball net, Natalie with the volleyball.

"Hey guys!" I hugged them tightly as we began to walk towards my car when Mom called after us.

"Christopher! Natalie! Come back here for a minute!" She yelled as they trooped back to the door for a minute or so. They talked to her for a while before slumping back to the car and getting into it; Chris sat in the passenger seat and Natalie in the back.

"So, what did Mom want?" I asked suspiciously as I drove away from the house.

"Oh, nothing..." Natalie murmured, keeping her head down.

"Come on guys, I'm not stupid. What's up?" I exasperatedly asked.

"Well, Mom kinda said to call her if you did anything...y'know...irresponsible." Chris told me.

I sat in shock. My own mother thought I was irresponsible and incapable of taking my brother and sister out for the day?!

"She really hates me, doesn't she?" I chuckled a little, since I didn't care.

"No! It's just that she thinks you aren't up to her 'standards'." Natalie insisted.

"But, of course, we aren't like Mom. We like you for who you are, and you don't have to change anything about yourself just to suit somebody else's needs." Chris smiled at me as we pulled up in the beach car park.

"Thanks guys." I beamed as I hugged them both. "Now, let's go have fun!"

We ran out onto the crisp golden sand and felt the hot sun blaze down on us. I smiled to myself. Today was gonna be a good day.

We found a nice spot on the beach where I laid out our towels and put our bags.

Then we stripped down to our swimwear and ran into the cool waters of the ocean. The cold waves were soothing on my boiling arms. It was almost 50 degrees today!

We splashed around and laughed for a while before we all got hungry and walked back to our spot shivering.

"Hey, Bec, we'll go get some burgers from that burger van over there!" Chris told me as he gestured to the large, very popular-looking burger van that was a little way down the beach.

"Ok! I'll keep our spot, you go grab us some food!" I replied as I handed them $15 and they started walking towards the burger van.

I smothered myself in sunscreen before sliding on my sunglasses and lying down on my crisp beach towel, shutting my eyes as I sunbathed.

Suddenly, I felt a cold shiver run over me, and I could feel that something was blocking the bright sun. I opened my eyes and saw a shadow looking over me.

I sat up and put my sunglasses on my head, looking around to see who the shadowy figure was. A huge smile became embedded on my face as I saw the blonde hair and the goofy grin.