Chapter 16: The Crash

A/N: sorry for the delay guysss

~The next day~

*Becca's POV*

I woke up and groggily looked at the clock: 10:30am. I quickly jumped out of bed and stumbled into the kitchen, grabbing a glass and filling it with water from the tap. I looked over at my living room and smiled as I saw my brother and sister lying on the sofa, soundly sleeping.

Natalie and Chris had slept over last night since the party had finished late and they didn't want to go home to our guilty parents.

I shook them both, leaving them to shift and wake up.

"Guys, you've gotta get up. It's 10:45."

Chris immediately sprang off the sofa, eyes wide, and slipped on his shoes before rushing to the door.

"I'm gonna be late for football practise! Bye guys! Love you!" He yelled in a rush as he sprinted to the door and slammed it behind him.

"Love you too." I chuckled lightly. Natalie slowly stood up and rubbed her eyes.

"What do you wanna do today, Nat?" I asked my sister as I passed her a glass of orange juice.

"Sleep." She moaned as she flopped onto one of the kitchen chairs.

"What do you actually wanna do?" I laughed.

"Can we go to the park? I feel like being childish." Natalie smiled sleepily.

"Sure!" I smirked as we walked into my bedroom to get ready.

We both brushed our teeth before I passed Natalie a small pile of her clothes that she kept in my wardrobe and sent her into the bathroom to change.

I walked to my wardrobe and picked out a simple outfit: a baggy tie-dye t-shirt; denim skinny jeans and navy Vans. I pulled my hair up into a messy bun and put some mascara and lipgloss on.

Natalie walked out of the bathroom in a orange Gilly Hicks t-shirt, long, thin black cardigan, denim skinny jeans and black converse. Her golden wavy hair was bouncing around her shoulders, and she had simple makeup on.

"Shall we go?" I gestured for Natalie to link my arm.

She links her arm through mine. "We shall!" We smiled at each other as we exited my apartment and walked to the nearest park.

We immediately spotted the playground and ran over, jumping onto the slide and going down it over and over again, then spinning on the roundabout countless times, before finally ending up on the swings, slowly swinging back and forth and talking.

"So, how's things with you and Riker?" Natalie asked excitedly. Oh, what a fangirl she is.

"Great." I beamed, blushing. "Fantastic, in fact. He's taking me out later."

"Aww! You're so lucky to have him, I can only dream!" She replied dramatically, making me giggle.

"I know." I grinned widely.

"Hey, I'll help you get ready for your date! C'mon, leggo!" Natalie exclaimed, pulling me up off the swing and running back to my house, both of us laughing all the way there.

As we got to my apartment, my phone beeped with a text. I took it out of my pocket and saw it was Riker.

I'd changed his name from 'Bestie<3' to 'Bubs<3', and my nickname for him flashed up on the screen.

'Bubs<3 - hey beautiful! I'll come pick you up in an hour! Wear something comfy and warm:)<3'.

I smiled and texted him back quickly.