Chapter 36: The Spark's Still There

*Becca's POV*

"Wait, so Chris actually fell in the pool?!" I managed to get out since I was laughing so much.

"Yep!" Natalie exclaimed, tears of laughter running down her face.

"Hey! It wasn't funny, I could've broken my leg!" Chris said, a smile threatening to form on his face, making Natalie and I laugh even more.

It was great to catch up with my family since we hadn't seen each other in a few months. I was currently sitting in my parents' back garden, discussing the things I've missed while Natalie and Chris have been in New York.

"Nat, what's the time?" I asked my sister, lying back on a sun lounger.

Natalie checked her phone, and I notice her eyes widened. "Uh, it's 5:30. I've got to go, see ya in a little while guys."

She suddenly sprinted off, running inside the house and leaving me baffled.

"I wouldn't even ask." Chris said quietly, giving me a smile.

"What's going on?" My eyes narrowed.

"Uh...oh, um, nothing...I've got to go make a phone call, be right back." Chris stuttered before also running inside the house.

What on earth was going on?!

I silently walked upstairs and knocked on Natalie's door.

She opened it in her dressing gown, and one eye was covered in eyeshadow, but the other was bare.

"Oh. Uh, hey Bec." She mumbled, smiling nervously at me.

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms across my chest. "What's up?"

"Nothinggg..."

"Oh please Nat, I've known you your whole life, I know when you're lying." I brushed past her and sat on her bed in her room. "Now spill."

Natalie sighed heavily before shutting the door and sitting next to me.

"Ok...so tonight, I'm...um...going to a concert." She twiddled her thumbs as she looked down at her lap.

I chuckled slightly. "And?"

"It's the...uh...the R5 concert." She muttered under her breath.

My eyes widened. "Wait, what?"

"It's the R5 concert." Natalie's eyes finally met mine. "I'm sorry Bec, I know you and Riker are on bad terms, but when I found out they were coming here, I couldn't resist buying tickets."

I smiled a small smile at my sister. "Nat, it's ok! I don't mind! After all, they're still your favourite band, even if I'm broken up with one of them."

Her eyes brightened. "Really?!"

I nodded, laughing as Natalie flung herself at me in a hug.

"Yay! Ok, now will you help me get ready? I only have an hour." She asked me, standing up and brushing out the creases in her dressing gown.

I giggled. "Of course."

So Riker was in New York too?!

------------------------------------------------

I was in the middle of straightening Natalie's hair when her phone started going off. The caller ID showed it was Casey, her friend here in New York who was going to the gig with her.

"Hello?....WHAT?! No, oh my god, please Case, you've got to come with me. Oh my god. No, you need to stay home, make sure you're better. Honestly! Ok, I'll talk to you later. Bye!"