Chapter 14: What Are Sisters For?

*Becca's POV*

"Everybody move away!" I jumped as I heard the paramedics rush into the room.

I got up and looked over at Riker before immediately running into his arms.

I sobbed into his shirt, and he snaked his arms around me, holding me tightly. He whispered into my ear reassuringly and tried to calm me down.

I looked over at Chris, who was sitting on the sofa with his head in his hands, and Ryland was comforting him.

I then looked over at my parents. My mom was crying and my dad was trying to comfort her. Why the hell was she crying?! She tried to kill me a few minutes ago!

Then I looked over at Natalie's limp body and felt the tears cascading down my cheeks once more.

Riker's hand touched my cheek so I would look up at him.

"Hey, it's ok." He whispered to me, wiping away my tears with his thumb.

"What if she's really injured?! What if she's dead?!" I cried as I saw the sadness in Riker's eyes. He lightly pushed my head into his chest where I cried once more.

"C-can I have her a second?" I heard Chris's voice next to us.

I felt Riker nod and kiss my forehead before letting me go. I hugged Chris tightly, feeling his tears falling onto my head and my tears falling onto his shoulder.

"We're gonna get through this, ok?" I wept as I pulled back to look at Chris. "I promise."

Chris nodded slowly. "I'm gonna go see if I can calm Mom down." He said as we pulled apart.

"Good luck with that." I sighed as I turned to the Lynches.

"You ok now, Bec?" Rydel asked worriedly.

My voice wobbled. "If I'm honest, no. Not at all."

Rydel gave me a hug and I returned the gesture gratefully.

"We're all here for you, Bec." Ross stated as the others heartily agreed.

I smiled weakly. "Thanks guys."

Suddenly the front door swung open and police officers swarmed inside our house. "EVERYBODY PUT YOUR HANDS UP!"

I jumped into Riker's arms and he held me tightly as I buried my face in his shoulder.

"Where is Mrs.Hudson?" The chief officer asked.

"She's over there." Ryland pointed towards my mom, who was quivering in the corner.

The police immediately put my mother in handcuffs and attempted to pull her out of the house. She threw a hissy fit: screaming and crying and kicking the officers. They eventually managed to get her out and shove her into the police van that was waiting outside.

The chief officer came up to me. "Are you her daughter?"

I nodded slowly. "If you would like to see her, you can come down to the station. Looks like she's gonna be there for a while." He spoke in a monotone, and I quickly thanked him before he departed sharply.

By now, the paramedics had finished tying Natalie to a stretcher and were wheeling her out to the ambulance.

I unleashed myself from Riker's grip and ran after them.

"Please, I have to come with her. She's my sister." I exclaimed, my voice wobbly.

"I'm not sure, ma'am. She needs full medical attention." One of the paramedics stated as they lifted my sister into the ambulance.