Chapter 29: Moving In

*Becca's POV*

It had been a month since Natalie and Chris had moved back in with my parents.

I had talked to them as much as possible, meeting up as many times as I could during my busy work schedule. Business was booming as award season was nearing.

I had just come back from a date at Mario's with Riker, and we were sitting on my sofa, cups of warm hot cocoa in our hands as the cold winter wether began to set in. It was the beginning of October, and the winter chills were starting to set in.

Riker was sitting on one side of the couch, and I was sitting on the opposite side, my legs over his.

"Hey babe." I caught Riker's attention, and he smiled widely at me.

"Yeah?" He questioned as he swirled his cocoa around.

"Would you ever consider moving in with me?" I asked the all important question.

Riker almost choked on his cocoa as he drank it. "What?!"

"Well, would you?!" I laughed. "I know it's sudden, but I feel like it's a good time."

Riker just looked at me, a huge smile spreading across his face. "I would love to."

"You don't have to, y'know, I know it's still kinda early in our relationship, but i really think it will be good for us." I explained, my smile faltering slightly.

"No, babe, I want to!" He beamed. "I think this is perfect for us."

"It's a huge responsibility, though. Are we both up to that?" I queried, suddenly thinking of all the consequences.

"Of course we are!" He smirked. "It'll be perfect."

I paused for a second, letting it all sink in. "So I guess you're moving in, then!" My smile widened considerably.

"I guess I am!" He replied, smiling like an idiot.

I squealed in happiness, placing my cup on the coffee table before pouncing on Riker in a hug. He laughed as he placed his cup down and hugged me tightly.

We pulled away from the hug, and I looked at him from his lap.

"Y'know, this is the first time in a while that I've seen you genuinely happy." Riker beamed as he kissed my forehead lightly.

"Well, it's because I am!" I replied, kissing him quickly.

"I'm sorry you've had to go through some awful shit these last few months. They've been hell for you, I know. it's been horrible seeing you upset." Riker smiled sadly as he hugged me once again.

I placed my arms around his stomach and stuffed my face into his chest.

"It wasn't your fault, babe." I said, my voice muffled as my face was still in Riker's shirt.

Riker chuckled and lifted my head, holding the back of my neck lightly in his hands.

He brushed his lips against mine softly a few times, before I got impatient and kissed him fully on the lips, squeezing him tighter as we continued.

We pulled away after a desire for air, smiling at each other like idiots.

"I love you." He smirked widely at me, his hands travelling down to my waist.

"I love you too." I kissed him once more, and we both smiled into the kiss.

"Now c'mon, let's go tell your family the news!" I exclaimed as I leapt off of Riker and pulled him up by his hands.