Chapter 11: Family Issues

*Becca's POV*

I was still wondering what happened to Riker when Natalie called me.

"BECCA!" She yelled, making me jump slightly.

"I've been calling you for the past 5 minutes! Everybody's leaving now." She told me as I notice her and Chris had their beach things all packed and ready to go. I picked up my phone and checked the time: 6:30pm. Wow! We'd been at the beach a long time!

"Ok! Sorry!" I chuckled a little as I grabbed all my things and packed them before meeting up with the rest of the group near the car park.

"Well, it was really nice meeting you guys!" Rocky stated as he smiled at my siblings.

"You too! Thanks for an amazing day!" Natalie exclaimed, smiling like an idiot.

Everybody said their goodbyes, and I told Chris and Natalie to get into my car for me to say goodbye to Riker.

"Well, I guess I'll speak to you later!" Riker beamed at me as he kissed me lightly.

"Actually, I was wondering if you could come back to my apartment for a little while." I announced as I ran my hands up and down Riker's chest. His arms were around my waist, holding me tightly.

"Sure! Sounds like a plan!" Riker suddenly grinned and kissed my nose gently.

"If you wanna, you can come with me to drop my siblings off and then we can drive to my apartment? How does that sound?" I proposed, smiling up at him since he was around 6 inches taller than me.

"That sounds great, babe." Riker told me brightly before running off to tell his family his plans.

I waited for him to come back and we climbed into the car.

"Ok guys, Riker's coming with us to drop you guys off since he's coming back to mine afterwards." I smiled at my siblings through the rear-view mirror.

"Awesome!" Chris and Natalie replied before engrossing themselves in conversation.

I put the radio on and Riker intertwined his fingers with mine, holding my hand tightly.

We pulled into my parents' house, and all I could hear was a small "Woah." from Riker as he gazed at the mansion in awe.

"Do you wanna come meet my parents? Or would you like to wait in the car?" I gave Riker an ultimatum.

"Uh, I'll stay in the car. I don't think I'm ready to meet your parents yet, especially after you've described them to me." Riker smiled as I shrugged and told him I'd be back soon before stepping out of the car with Chris and Natalie.

We knocked on the sharp brass knocker and soon enough, my mom came out, wearing a purple floor-length dress and her favourite pearls.

"Ah, you're back! You have to go and change quickly!" My mom ushered my siblings into the house but they stopped her, turning to me.

"Thanks for an amazing day, sis." Chris beamed as he hugged me tightly.

"No problem! We'll definitely do it again sometime!" I replied eagerly as we pulled away.

Natalie came up to me and hugged me. I wrapped my arms around her as I leant my head on top of hers.

"I'll see you soon?" I whispered to her.

She pulled away and smiled at me. "Definitely. Thank you so much for today. It really was amazing!" She hugged me once more before her and Chris gave me a wave and walked inside.

I turned to my mother. "So what are they getting dressed up for?"

"Oh....we're, um.....we're having a family party...." My mom stuttered, making my eyes go wide.