Chapter Nine ~ Goodbye

Good news, this book won't end for a while.

I've heard books go to 200 chapters

But I don't really want this book to go on for too long...

Eh, enjoy!

When you'd saw him, you were extremely happy, you've been looking for him for Irene knows how long and then he shows up out of no where.

" Garroth!" You shout, going closer.

He turns to you, a sad smile plays over his face " (Y/n)?"

You keep smiling, taking him into a hug.

" Garroth! You won't believe how long I've been looking for you. I missed you so much. You won't believe the things I've been through." You say, your head leaning against his chest.

" (Y/n)." He breathes, his head in your neck.

" I missed you." You say.

" I missed you too." He says.

He eventually kisses you, and your left standing there, eventually your walls also break and you start crying.

" (Y/n)?" Mitch asks.

" Mitch, this is Garroth." You say " Garroth, this is Mitch. I met him... years ago. When he was just a little kid."

" I'm proud of you. How long have I been away for?"

" Eighteen. Years." You whisper.

The pain in your head starts again and Zoey runs down the path.

" (Y/n)! Y-you have -" She says.

You look up at Garroth, your eyes rolling to the back of your head as your knees buckle underneath you.

Garroth catches you right as you start falling.

" She doesn't have much time - it's nothing I can fix."

" Get Lucinda." Garroth says.

He picks you up, running down with Zoey to Lucinda's place.

When Garroth gets there, Lucinda tries to get rid of the "tumor" in your head.

(I say that with quotes cause I'm not entirely sure that's what I want to use, ugh I'm lazy right now)

" Why when I come back? Why am I stricken with this news?" Garroth asks, gripping your hand.

He kisses your hand, closing his eyes and thinking to himself.

What have you done over the past eighteen years? What pains have you gone through? Joys? What happened?

How much time has he lost with you? What could he had done with you over this 18 years?

Your breathing becomes a bit heavier as you wake up, blinking slightly at he bright lights.

But can't help but to think, you've lost 18 years with him, and now you might die.

" Garroth." You whisper.

" Yes?" He asks, looking at you.

" What- what happened in the Irene Dimension?"

" Pain. Infinite thoughts about Aphmau, and you, and just me. How I'm going to possibly kill my brother without feeling regret. Even after all the things he's done, he's still my brother and I can't let that go." He says.

" Mm." You hum, your eyes closed with tears brimming them.

" Are you okay?" He asks.

" Fine." You say, your voice wavering.

" (Y/n), you're clearly not fine, what's going on?" He asks.

" What if I hadn't gone on that trip for supplies and instead I went with you in the dimension? I wouldn't be forty years old and I'd be with you. And I wouldn't have this "tumor" and..." You say, breaking off.

" (Y/n), everything happens for a reason, it's fate, you can't alter fate. Everything is set and put into motion for a reason." He says.

You gun again, and he leans over and kisses you, Lucinda scoffs.

" Don't do that in my house." She says, walking away.

You laugh lightly, wiping your eyes.

" Lets go for a walk." You say.

He helps you up and you walk out into the small parts of the woods, he holds onto you in case you fall again.

One arm behind you and holding onto your right arm, his other arm holding onto your left arm.

" I love you Garroth." You say.

" I love you too (Y/n)." He says.

You walk through the darkness in silence, not bothering to say anything. You can feel yourself becoming weak.

" Can we go see Mitch?" You ask.

" Of course." He says, leading you to the house and up the small staircase.

Mitch was training, you hug him and then Garroth, you start to cry.

" (Y/n)? What's wrong? Why're you crying?"

" I'm dying Garroth. I'm weak. I want to sit with my favorite two guys in the world before I pass." You say, your head leaning against his shoulder.

" (Y/n), you aren't -" He starts.

You smile a small bit before looking at him and kissing his lips a bit, then going back to lean your head against his chest.

" I love you Mitch, I saw you as my son." You say.

He comes over to you and holds your hand " (Y/n) you can power through this."

He starts crying and you do as well.

Everyone in the room becomes a crying mess as you pass.

When you do, Garroth holds your body close, asking, pleading for you to come back.

But you never will.

Awww

That was cruel and sad, even for me. But hey, gotta end it somewhere, right?

I was going to put it on a whole different path, like Garroth breaking up with you for Aphmau, but I found this was the best way.

But the book will be going on for a lot longer, so you don't have to worry about that.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed and have a great day and until next time ~ Quinn