Chapter Three ~ Special Encounters

Okay, I'm not sure how many of you know this, but I'm grounded, so parts will come out slower, a bit, anyways, I'm not explaining why, I'll just let you guys know I'm a dumbass and I should just do as I'm told. Anyways, enjoy!

~ HEY GUYS SWEAR WARNING AND ITS A LOT WORSE THAN THE WORD "DUMB" ~

" Come on Mitch, it's just a bit farther." You say.

He huffs " No."

" Mitch come on! This isn't fair! I'm trying my hardest here!"

" No!"

You sigh, then grab him and throw him over your shoulder.

He starts hitting your shoulder and you clench your teeth.

" Mitch, if you don't stop hitting my back, I swear to Irene, I will abandon you on the side of the trail!"

" Do it! You won't do it!" He yells.

You swing him off your shoulder and drop him right next to the trail, while still walking.

" Come back here! You won't leave me!"

" Try me Mitch!"

" I hope you never find your stupid boyfriend! He's probably not even worth looking for!"

You turn to him " Like how it's not worth looking for your father but I do it anyways?! Mitch! Your not easy to take care of! This whole search is leaving me hopeless, and your damn yelling about me not finding him isn't hoping!"

Mitch just stares at you.

You realize why, once you feel the tears go down your cheeks slowly.

You wipe the tears off and sigh " Come on, we're almost there anyways, you can sleep or whatever when we get there."

He pushes himself up and follows after you quietly.

You reach the gates, a bit after and they're tattered.

" Mitch, stay in front of me." You say.

He walks in front of you, pulling out his sword, keeping it in front of him.

The village is in ruins, the buildings are either all rubble or overgrowth has taken over.

" Are you sure this is right?" Mitch asks.

" Yea, this is the village of Phoenix Drop."

" It's a dump, no offense."

" It's fine, it was abandoned, but if I remember correctly, there should be a village inside of this one."

" You've been here before?"

" He use to be a guard here." You say.

" Oh." He says.

You hear a rustle, and a bow appears in your hand, you grab an arrow from your back and pull it onto the bow.

You scan the trees and nudge Mitch to keep going.

He starts walking and you hear the rustling again, but pretend you didn't.

When there's a solid crunch, you turn and let go of your arrow.

A lot of bandits come out of the trees.

" Shit." You mutter.

" You and the boy needs to come with us."

" Says who?" You ask.

" The lord of the village." He says.

" You don't look like the guards that work here." You say.

You can feel the movement behind you, then there's arms locked around you.

Mitch then raises his sword, moving to work at the guy who grabbed you.

You jump up, leaning backwards, and the guy behind you collapses onto the ground.

Your bow changes to a dagger.

It plummets into his stomach and he groans and lets go of you.

You get up and kill him, one arrow to the heart.

You then spin around and shoot as many arrows as you can, your dagger had changed to a specially enchanted bow.

You hook your arm around Mitch's stomach and bolt off with him.

You can tell his eyes are squeezed tight. His hand is gripping your arm.

" Mitch, I need you to help me." You say.

" W-what?" He asks.

The wall over here, they're gonna have a guard on station, in going to throw you up and then you need to get over the wall.

" (Y/n)! Your taking a risk, what if I -"

" I have faith you'll make it over." You say.

He nods, though, you know he's still worried.

" Help us Lady Irene." You pray quietly.

You get to the wall.

You get his foot in your hand as you launch him up, he grabs the edge of it and just barely scrambles over.

You spin around and sheath your sword.

They advance slowly on you, and eventually one of them strikes.

You deflect it as another one comes in for a strikes.

You move the sword quickly to block that swing and to disarm him, but you fail to disarm him and instead you just make him stumble backwards.

" It's better than nothing." You mutter.

The first one that stroke at you, he moves in quickly, then having the other follow.

" Duck!" You hear a voice yell.

You hear heavy footsteps and you stop to duck.

The blue haired man jumps over you and starts to fight them, you get up quickly and start to help him.

Once you've got four down, the other two run off.

" You have my thanks Dante." You say.

" Well, thank the boy you have with you. We didn't hear anything at all." He says.

Mitch peaks around the corner and you hold your arms out.

He rushes over a bit, hugging you.

" Dante, this is Mitch." You say.

" Well Mitch, you did a good job telling me." Dante says.

" I've learned it all from (Y/n)." He says.

" I'm proud you didn't freeze up Mitch." You say.

He smiles a bit.

" You're bleeding, come on, I'll fix you up." Dante says.

You follow him inside the gates of Phoenix Drop.

Might as well post what I got, of course I added 300 words because it was a bit short, but I hope you enjoyed and have a great day and until next time ~ Quinn

And by the way guys, I am so sorry for not updating, I was just enjoying my break from school and I've updated twice? In this book, but I'm imma try to start doing a lot this year, cause it's 2017 and I decided what's better than writing new books? That's why I have a new book out and I plan on getting more out.

Anyways, BYE