epilogue

12 years later...

Grayson's POV

"Dad!" Bella yells from her bedroom upstairs. "What?" I yell back.

"Where are my black heels!"

"I don't know! I don't keep track of your shoes!" I yell. In all honesty, it isn't my responsibility to keep track of her wardrobe.

I hear her getting angry. It makes me laugh hearing a teenager get angry. I'm not the one to speak. When I was a teenager, I hated it when I got angry. It wasn't funny to me, but it must have been hilarious to my parents. Maybe it was annoying.

I set my phone down on the table. I play with my fingers and look at my ring that hasn't been taken off once.

I weakly smile and take it off to examine it. It's still in the perfect condition. The shining silver is still perfectly polished.

I hear Bella storm down the strairs. She huffs as she reaches the bottom stairs, clearly pissed off. "Find them?" I put the ring back on.

"No", she sighs and enters the kitchen. She wore a black oversized sweater with blue jeans and black heeled booties. I know these things because I'm the one who always takes her shopping and she'll always ask for my opinion. Of course my opinion is never what she wants to hear. I don't understand 'girl talk'.

"You look nice", I say. "You think so?" She sighs. "I wouldn't be saying it if it weren't true".

"Thanks dad", she smiles.

Three knocks erupt at the door. She runs to get it. I stand up from the dining chair and fix my shirt.

I hear voices as I leave the kitchen. I see Bella and her boyfriend, Ethan, standing at the door.

"Be home by 10", I say. "I will".

"Hi, Mr. Dolan. How are you sir?"

"I'm great. Take care of my daughter", I say. "Don't worry, I will."

I had no worries or doubts. They've been together for a few months now. They're only sixteen, but they're a good pair.

He's nothing but nice and loyal to her, and that's all I want. If he does anything to her, he's dead.

"Have a good night", I say as they leave the house. "We will", Bella smiles.

She turns around and walks up to hug me. "Love you dad".

"Love you too Belle".

She walks out of the house and walks off with Ethan to his car. He reminds me of my brother, Ethan.

It's hard seeing Bella grow up so fast, but she's a good kid. I've raised her to be like that.

---

I'm that type of parent that waits for their kid to get home, but I'm just gonna lay in bed for now.

There's not a day I go without thinking of Anna. How can I not think of her? Okay, I don't everyday. But I do quite often.