Part 11-Then

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent or any of the characters.

Then:

We run to the car that I had used before to get to the city. It is still sitting in the same place, no one bothering to care about where it should actually be. Not like before the memory serum. Now everything is changed; everything and everyone. 

Just as we begin to pile in, a shout comes from behind us. 

"Wait!"

We all turn simultaneously towards the voice, afraid that someone is going to catch us and drag us back to the Bureau. Drag us back to the place where, really, we only had half a life. My first instinct as a Dauntless is to fight them, To fight them and the run as fast as possible towards a better future. 

But as soon as I see the face of the person who called out to us - and the person walking with him - I know that fighting will not be necessary. It's Amar. Amar and George. 

Amar walks up to me with a knowing grin on his face, and speaks in the tone that I once thought I would never hear again. 

"Not thinking of leaving without saying goodbye, are you Four?"

I hadn't even thought say goodbye to him, I had been so focused on biding farewell to all the new people in my life, I forgot about the one who had bee there since the beginning, or well the dauntless beginning. I had even thought about talking to David. But then I figured that would be useless. He doesn't remember anything, it'd be like trying to confront a complete stranger. He wouldn't by even register what I was saying, probably. Instead I just left him to his newly generated thoughts, hoping that maybe one day he will remember what he did, remember and pay for it. 

Amar seems to understand my silence and gives me a small nod. 

"We'll be coming later," he says, stepping back a little to address the whole group. "Just have a few things to do, and then we will come join you in the new city. Or the old one, I'm not really sure."

George, who stands next to Zeke and Christina, adds, "I say new. It won't be the same in any way as it was before. We'll be there in month, tops. Get the place ready for us!" 

He grins and then they are walking away, shouting a goodbye over their shoulders. 

We jump into the car, and finally head of. Goodbye bureau and all the memories you hold. I will keep the good ones, but hopefully the bad ones will fade with age, as most things do. 

On to the new city we go. 

A/N: THank you so much for over 200 reads!! Please comment and vote! And if you like my the Delirium series, read my other fanfic, Titanium!