Part 13-Then

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent or any of the chracters, they all belong to the amazing Veronica Roth. 

Then: 

The car ride is long. We talk a little, but nothing of substance comes up in our conversations. There is something holding us all back. We're all tiptoeing around each other-around the things that really matter-that no one knows what to say. Like on wrong move will set of a bomb. And I think I might be the one with the most explosives. 

When we finally pass through the old Amity compound, there is no one around. The farms have been abandoned. The apple that fill the orchard are turning bad. Everyone has abandoned this for new life. I have no idea how everyone is going to get along, how any of this is going to work. What happens when the ex erudite and ex abnegations get into a debate of power and knowledge. When the candor tendencies draw out arguments in the pursuit of truth, and the Amity try to cover it with peace and communal agreement. I guess this is just something that will have to be dealt with over time. 

As we drive through the Amity farms, Zeke leans over to me. 

"I forgive you. I just thought that you should know that. I forgive you, bro. I know you would have never done something like that on purpose. I know that everyone always saw you as 'scary Four' but I know you're more than that. You care. You always have."

"Thank you." I smile slightly and a warmth fills my heart. There are still some people who can disarm the bombs. 

"I can't wait till I get an apartment or something, I'm gonna throw a huge party!" 

I laugh, glad to have crazy partying Zeke back. There are moments when I wish that everything could go back to the way it was before. If we just started up with the factions again. What would have happened the the a Erudite hadn't attacked Abnegation? I would probably still be living a normal life-well as normal as it can be in Dauntless-and with Tris. But then we would be living a lie. We wouldn't know of the experiment or any of the truth of our city. I can't decide if that would be a blessing or a curse. 

A/N: Hey! Thank you so much for over 400 reads!!! Please comment and vote, and if you like delirium, chack out my other fanfic, Titanium.