Part 20-Now

Disclaimer: I own no rights to the amazing Divergent series, the one and only Veronica Roth does. 

Now:

With a new drive, we head back to Zeke and Shauna's apartment to plan. We don't know anything really about this effort of my parent's, but that won't stop us from striving to stop it. 

I know that my mother will be back at my apartment soon, but she won't wonder where I am. I'm sure she assumes that I'm just hanging out with my friends. She might have suspected I would follow her, but as soon as I tell her I was at Zeke's I know she'll believe me. I think it is just that she wants to believe that I am her little boy, and that I would never do anything wring. No matter how many times I have gone against her. I still only half think of her as my mother. Just the fact that she left me with Marcus is enough to make me hate her. But yet, sometimes I catch her in moments when it is evident that she cares about me. But she cares about her position more. She cares about power. That is her fault. She gets so blinded by this world that she creates in her head, that she can't even see what is right in front of her. And sometimes what is staring you in the eye is the only thing that matters; that can ave you from destruction. But she doesn't see it. 

There is fault in us all. There is fault in the way that we act and the things that we say. We lead ourselves to destruction. Or sometimes to greatness. But it is always through fault. 

Or sometimes the fault lies in our fate, We get screwed over by life and by time and all we are asking for is more. All I ask for - all I want - is more time with her. More moments. but there is a fault in our story, something that holds back the happy ending, and that is just the way it is. There is fault in everything. Even the things that just happen. Nothing and no one is perfect, and so then nothing and no one is free. Not really. We are all held back by our mistakes. 

If only our story didn't have that major fault. Where would we be now?

"Four?" I am snapped out of my thought by Zeke, calling to me as we sit huddled around his kitchen table. 

"Sorry," I say, as I shake my head of my thoughts. No sense in thinking about how easily Tris and I could have it out of this. Like I said, life screws you over. "What were you saying?"

"We need to figure what they plan to do. And soon. Four, what exactly did they say?" Christina asks, looking at me hopefully, as if I'll magically have the answer to our problems. She should know better than to think that. She has seen me at my worst. She has seen me when I was reduced to nothing, about to wipe away any last traces of myself. I remember that day and how alone I felt, it makes me wince internally. I'm not still alone, I know that, but sometimes it feels that way. I have people who care about me, people who I care about, but sometimes it seems like it is hopeless. And there is anything that I won't allow myself to be, it is hopeless. So I gather up all the hope that I can - all the hope that we will pull through this without another war on our hands - and explain everything to them. Starting with the map.

After I have told them everything, recounted every word that my parents spoke, Shauna is the first one to talk. 

"Okay, so at first Marcus didn't want to help Evelyn. So she must have either given up - which seems unlikely - or given him better terms. What would Marcus want so badly that he would be willing to work with Evelyn for it?"

She looks at me and memories flash through my mind. Marcus leading the council in Abnegation. Marcus taking charge of the Allegiant. Marcus coming to Johanna to get a position in the government. Suddenly it clicks. 

"Control," I say. "He wants control." 

A/N: Ahhhh!!!! Over 1.2K reads!!!! Thank you sooooo much!!!!! Also 20 chapters!! The story has barely even started! Don't worry, I have many things planned for this story, but if you have any suggestions, leave them below!