Part 21-Then

Disclaimer: I don't own anything but my own words.

Then:

"Shauna?" Zeke looks almost like he's seen a ghost. But like he's happy about it. 

"Well don't just stand there! Help me!" Shauna's voice is playful, yet I can tell that she is mad at him for something. Shauna and I were always really close, as we were both around Zeke a lot and rescued him countless times from whatever insane thing he had been doing. She didn't pry. Never asked to know anything that I didn't tell her. Just like Zeke. When she was paralyzed, it really fell down on me how intense this war was. Someone who was so strong and self-sufficient no won't be able to walk. 

Zeke immediately rushes forward and swings her off the net and into his arms.

"How did you get up there?" Zeke asks. 

"There are stairs you know. Caleb helped me. Carried me up the stairs and then helped me jump. I never realized how much I missed the rush of it. You know, plunging towards the earth at a high speed to your probable death," Shauna says, never taking her eyes off of Zeke. Even though her words are light, I can tell that there is a clear message underlining them. She is not helpless. 

Zeke just looks at her sternly. I can tell that he cares more about her than anything else. It's just like me with Tris. When she was risking her life senselessly, it hurt me. I felt that I had to protect her to the ends of the world. It was terrible to think that she would risk her life, despite how much I needed her. I know that that wasn't what she was thinking, but it still felt that way. 

Suddenly a folded up wheelchair hits the net. "Thanks Caleb!" Shauna cries up into the gaping hole."

I immediately reach forward to grab it and set it out for her. Zeke puts her in the chair spins her around a couple times. 

I look over to Christina an Cara to see that there are slight tears on both their faces. I can tell that they are talking about Will. 

I quickly turn back to the net as Caleb jumps, watching the blur of mixed colours falling through the sky. He quickly scrambles off the net and looks around the cavern, eyes embodying Erudite. Calculating everything. 

"Let's go," I say as I start walking down the hallway that I know leads to the Pit. I get a sudden sense of deja vu for initiation. Leading the newbies down the halls. It was always a great feeling; knowing that the future of Dauntless was right there in front of you and it was your job to make sure they were ready.

Everyone follows me silently as we walk through the unlit corridors, only a splat of paint here or there from when we took paintballs to all the cameras. 

I open the doors to the Pit and I feel right at home, something that I haven't really felt since she died. The roar of the chasm can be heard, but the sounds of shouting Dauntless in missing. Well, that is until Zeke decided to start running through the Pit with Shauna at full speed. We all decided to follow suit after that. Running and wooping. Laughing. Only Cara and Caleb looked a little lost, but they gave into it eventually. 

Suddenly, our fun is put to a stop with a shrill yell from the doorway.

"Zeke! What are you doing?"

A/N: does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do with this fanfic? Everything is appreciated! 

Also please check out my divergent oneshot called She's Gone. It's set on Tris' 16th birthday and it's about Tobias really coming to terms with her death. I might integrate it into this one if I can.

Please vote, comment and follow!