Part 14-Now

Disclaimer: I do not own Divergent or any of the characters, they all belong to the wonderful Veronica Roth. 

Now: 

The Abnegation sector looms in front of me. The identical buildings cast in dark shadow that only adds the the nerves piling in my stomach. 

There aren't many people living here, it shouldn't be that hard to find them. Or at least my mother and bring her back. 

I stop at the gates that lead to the Abnegation sector and get put of my truck. Walking through these streets, I feel like I'm 16 again, walking home from school on that day before my choosing ceremony. Deciding to leave this place behind, to join a new faction; to create a new life for myself. Did I ever see her here? I bet I did. Passed her in the streets or at school, just another blur of grey. 

Suddenly, I hear it. It starts off quiet, but I can hear the strain and anger in the voice, without even understanding the words. 

I stop moving and try to make out the words. 

I can distinctly hear my mothers voice rising against the wind. 

"Think about it, Marcus. We could restore it all. I know that obviously we don't get along, but we could still do it. I have plans."

Her voice rings with hate, but determination. What is she trying to do? What does she want so much that she is willing to work with him to get it? I thought she was going to attack him, but I seem to have been way off on that. 

"You just want to use me as a puppet. I will not follow your orders, Evelyn. Why are you really here?" 

There is a silence that follows then  and then the sound of a hushed whisper and someone stalking off, but not before there is the distinct noise of skin hitting skin. A sound oh so familiar to any ex-dauntless. 

A/N: Ahhhhh!!! Almost 500 reads!! thank you so much!!! Also, I saw the divergent moive at the toronto premiere and it was fantastic!! I cant wait to see it again when it comes out officially!!