Part 19-Then

Disclaimer: I won the words that I have written and nothing else. Certainly not Divergent. 

Then: 

"It can't be gone!" she manages to say through her tears. "We have to find a way to bring it back, what are we supposed to do without the factions?"

"Christina," I say, bringing her close to me. "Look at me. We don't need the factions to know who we are. We'll figure it out. Think about it, a world without limits. Without judging. You are free to be whoever yo want to be. I know that it's scary to think about, but it's the truth. This place will all be gone soon, and we'll need to learn how to live without it. We can stay here tonight, say our final goodbyes, and then leave tomorrow, okay?"

She nods and I help her off the edge of the net. This whole thing is reminding me shockingly of her initiation, but I can't help but wish that there was a different girl standing in front of me. 

And then I hear a blood curdling scream and another body hits the net. This one belongs to Cara. 

"Are you people insane? Is that what you call fun? Because I can assure you, that was terrifying, not fun."

I spread my arms wide. "This is Dauntless-was Dauntless. What dod you expect?"

"I don't know maybe stairs?"

"That's way too boring!" Zeke shouts and it is just like those two years we spent together laughing and drinking and doing whatever else Dauntless do. Zeke was second in initiation. He came up to me after the rankings were announced, and accused me of stealing his position. He immediately laughed, and so did I, something I hadn't done in, well, ever. He was a jokester, and I felt like I could let my guard down with him. That he wouldn't try to look past my facade and see the real me. He ended up getting more of the real me because of that.

We all stand there for a couple minutes, waiting for Caleb. Christina is wiping leftover tears from her face, and keeps looking back and forth between the different tunnels, as if she expects someone to come running out. I know I do. I can see it. Blonde ponytail swinging, blue eyes piercing. 

"Hurry up, Caleb!" I shout up through the hole, using my instructor voice. "We don't have all day!"

Then someone hits the net. The only thing is, it certainly isn't Caleb. 

A/N: Thanks for reading! And thank you so much for over 1K reads!!!!! Ahhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Also my friend just got wattpad and she posts amazing poetry so follow her: @carlybutkowsky