Chapter 11- Lord Otohiko

Obi= The belt/sash that goes around the waist of a kimono
Haori= A traditional Japanese coat worn with kimonos
Prayer Room= Where Kamis answer, sort and archive prayers
Mochi= Like Dango, but filled with flavour
Dango= A flavoured rice ball

🌊~

Tomoes scolding lasted till early morning.

-Time Skip-

I was a woken by Kotetsus voice tearing though my dreams.
"Good grief, it is already morning. Me Fox dislike of humans is quite the head ache."
"Why did Lord Mikage make him his familiar in the first place. That creature will only bring dishonour to the shrine."

I groaned as I pushed myself of the cold wooden floor.

"Good Morning Kaiyō. Did you sleep well?"
"How long did I sleep for?"
"You fell asleep a few hours after Mikage started his scolding." Onikiri answered.
"Oh." I leaned against the wall tiredly. "I better go get breakfast ready then." I started to stand up when Kotetsu brought up something interesting.

"That reminds me. It seems Lord Otohiko the wind god will be dropping by tomorrow on his way back though town." Kotetsu announced.

"Goodness, we must work immediately to shut master fox away were he can't be seen."
I scoffed. 'Good luck with that.' I thought.

"Oh is that so."
I turned around to see Tomoe leaning against the screen frame.

"We thought master Mikage was still scolding you." Onikiri said
"It is over, so a god friend of Mikage is coming here." Tomoe asked.
"He is indeed. Please do not forget your duties as a familiar." Kotetsu said.

"Ha, this coming from a hideous clown, now lets see your face." Tomoe removed the green, one eyed mask.
"Stupid." Tomoe mumbled as he left the room to go help me with breakfast.

-Time skip to Next Day-

I was in the garden pulling weeds out while we waited for Lord Otohiko to arrive. As punishment Tomoe had to go find the yokai by himself so I had to do the weeding by myself, so if anything, Mikage was punishing me.

"Hey girl!" A familiar voice yelled behind me and a strong hand slapped me on the back.
"Otohiko! Good to see you again." I stood up and dusted myself off.
I turned around to face Otohiko. He had short orangey red hair and yellow eyes. He was wearing a light pink turtle neck, a black kimono decorated in small pink flowers with a light pink obi and a fading green haori.
"Where's Mikage?" He's always so cheerful.
"He should be in the prayer room."
"Thanks, see you later." He headed inside, his haori flowing behind him as he moved.

-Mikages POV-

"Training Tomoe is so difficult. Why does he hate humans so much. I made him my familiar hoping for the best, but it's been a month and he hasn't gotten any better." I said to no one in particular.