Chapter 25- Blue Butterflies

"Well, looks like stoping for ice-cream was the right decision after all." I chimed, placing my rims around both of there shoulders. 

-Timeskip-

"Hurry up. You have to meet Kotaro in two minutes." I yelled at Nanami though the screen.
"Coming!" She slide open the door and started walking toward the door.
"Honestly, what took you so long? You didn't even change your clothes."
"I wasn't in there for to long." She whined.
"What ever. You better go now if you don't want to be late."
"Oh, right. See you later!" Nanami waved and ran down the stairs of the shrine towards the park.

I turned around to look at Tomoe.
"Aren't you going to follow her?" I pointed at the doorway with my thumb.
"I sent the spirits to check on her. They'll inform me if anything goes a stray."
"Very well then. I just didn't think you would be comfortable with leaving her alone, especially at night." I saw Tomoe tense up. He was obviously trying to part himself from Nanami for a while in order to give her some space but he was not comfortable with it.
"Oh, sorry. One sec." I ran into the kitchen and boiled some water. I then put green tea leaves in a tea pot and let them seep for a few minutes.
"Her you go. Green tea." I found Tomoe sitting outside, one the deck. I placed the tea pot on the floor next to Tomoe and gave him a mug.
"There you go. I'll go prepare dinner. You just relax." I patted him on the head and started to enter the kitchen.
"Thank you." Tomoe mumbled behind me.  
"If your going to thank me, say it louder." I said to myself before entering the kitchen. There was a slight chuckle from behind. I smiled to myself and started preparing dinner.

-Time Jump Backwards-

-Tomoes POV-

"Oh, right. See you later." Nanami ran outside and waved before running down he stairs towards the park.
I cant believe I wasn't going with her. She did insist that she didn't need my help and me being there would only make the situation more awkward, but I still felt uneasy about letting her wonder around at night by herself.
"Onikiri, Kotetsu!"
"Yes master Tomoe?" The two spirits appeared out of thin air.
"I would like you to keep an eye on Nanami."
"Right away master Tomoe." They bowed and disappeared.
Know I don't have to worry about Nanami.

"Aren't you going to follow her?" Kaiyō pointed at the way Nanami went with her thumb.
"I sent the spirits to check on her. They'll inform me if anything goes a stray."
"Very well then. I just didn't think you would be comfortable with leaving her alone, especially at night." I felt myself tense up. She's right. Night time is when yokai are mostly active because they don't have to worry as much about being seen by humans and I sent the two shrine spirits to watch over her. What was I thinking!?
Kaiyō seemed to realise that I was tense.
"Oh, sorry. One sec." She rushed off into the kitchen. I decided to sit down on the edge of the deck. I was sitting there for about three minutes before Kaiyō came back out with a tea pot and a mug.
"Her you go. Green tea." She placed the warm kettle of green tea next to me and gave me the mug.
"There you go. I'll go prepare dinner. You just relax." She gently patted me on the head making me blush a little. What is this feeling?
I watched as Kaiyō walked back into the kitchen.
"Thank you." I mumbled. I don't normally say thank you so I said it very quitely.
"If your going to thank me, say it louder." Kaiyō yell down the hall. Curse her sensitive ears.

-Timeskip-

"I'm going to go pick up Nanami!" I yelled down the hall so Kaiyō could hear.
"Okay!"
I walked outside and summoned the night fog carriage. The night fog carriage can only be used in the cover of darkness and was Mikages favourite form of transportation. I jumped in and flew it over to the park.