Chapter 24- Kotaro Irashima

I think I might actually have a crush on the wild fox.

-Morning-

-Tomoes POV-

"Tomoe? Wakey, wakey sleepy head." Kaiyōs voice echoed though my dreams waking me up from a deep sleep.
"What are you doing in my room?" There was a chuckle in response.
"Silly fox. Your in my room. After you fell asleep on my shoulder last night, I let you sleep here as your to heavy for anyone to pick up."
"You could have just woken me up."
"True, but you were to cute. I couldn't." Did she just say I'm cute? "Anyway, I took the liberty of getting you a change of clothes and a basin of grease water. "I'm going to go get some bathing water for Nanami. You better get ready before Nanami wakes up." Kaiyō left me alone to go do her chores.

I groaned as I lifted myself to my feet and got ready for the day. I started to head for my room, only to here Nanami speaking to herself.
"Do you enjoy conversing with yourself?"
"What did you hear?"
"Save your breath in regards to Himemiko. I will go later and express our regrets. You just keep yourself out of the matter. Humans and yokai are simply not meant to be together. Besides, What could you have done?"

"I'll never know till I give it a try!"
"Do not waist your energy."
"Well they should at least be able to fall in love!"
"Love is a human centric emotion that brings trouble."
"Forget you. I'll go alone."
"Where are you going?"
"I'm going into town to find Kotaro." What!

-Flashback-

"I'm going into town Tomoe and Kaiyō. Make sure to hold down the fort till I get back."

-Flash Forward-

Mikage...

"Wait. I will come to."
"Fine, Bit you can at least change out of those filthy clothes."

That was the last time I saw Mikage. To think that Nanami will leave me in the same way Mikage did. Why does the thought scare me so much?

-Kaiyōs POV-

"Kaiyō!"
"Yes." I teleported behind him, hoping to scare him. It didn't work. "Seriously? Not even a little jump?"
"You forget what I used to be." Fair Point. "Anyway, Nanami and I are going into town to look for Kotaro. Do you want to come?"
"Of course I do! Be ready in 3 minutes." I ran down the hall and into my room. I decided to change into some modern human clothing for a change. I picked out a pair of jean shorts, a white singlet with fox print on it and orange converse style shoes. I wasn't rich enough to get real converse. I left my hair out to cover my ears.

Ready!

-Timeskip-

"...Isn't civilisation cool?"
"Huh?" Nanamis rant was to long and frankly, I didn't know enough about human cities to care about what ever Nanami was just saying.
"I suppose." Tomoe mumbled, clearly unimpressed.

"Look mummy! That man has ears and a tail just like a dog!" A little boy was pointing to Tomoes head.
"Hush." Crap! How could I forget that Tomoe has ears and a tail.
Nanami grabbed both of us by our wrists and dragged use away.
"Is this any less conspicuous?"
"You look weird without your ears." I pouted.
"And you look weird in modern clothing. Please think before you speak."
"What ever."

"So where do you think Kotaro..."
"What is it? Oh." Three girls from Nanamis school. It's a weekday. How could I forget?
"Is something wrong?" Tomoe questioned Nanami.
"Ah, lets go get some ice cream!" She grabbed Tomoes hand and ran towards and ice-cream parlour.

"I used to come her all the time after school. How do you like it?"
"I love it!" I've never had, let alone heard of ice- cream before. It was fascinating how food could be so smooth, soft and cold and still taste good.
"Do not forget the purpose of this trip."
"I won't."

"Hay Nanami." Wait is that Isobe? "What are you doing here?"
"I could ask you the same question." I wasn't up for dealing with him right now.
"Aren't you two suppose to be in class right now, and who's this guy your with?
"It's really none of your business, so why don't you just go away."
"Also what was up with you the other day. The whole thing was pretty fishy, I mean seriously. How could you afford a butler like that?"

"I'm not her butler. I'm here familiar and I'd appreciate it if you didn't disrespect my lady and mistress like this."
"A familiar, like as in a gods divine servant?" He's getting way to close for comfort.
"We have to leave." I announce and started to drag Nanami towards the door.
"Come on, I'm just messing around..." Isobe stepped forward.
"Do not lay a finger on her." Both Tomoe and I said at the same time, Tomoe placed one of his clawed fingers on Isobes forehead and I pulled Nanami away from the stinking human. "Have we made ourselves clear?"

"STOP THAT RIGHT KNOW!"

Suddenly, I let go of Nanami and stared at her ready for her next order. Sacred word binding. What did she learn to use this? I felt sorry for Tomoe. As a fox yokai, his herding is way more sensitive then mine and mines two times stronger than a humans. He let go of Isobe and started to fall over.
"Don't pay any attention to him."
"Are you alright sir?" In the background, a young employee was helping Isobe.

"What were you two thinking, threatening Isobe like that? You can go around picking on every human you two see!"
"Do not yell straight into my ear. For someone who is barking orders left and right, you have no idea what you are doing."
"I was not threatening Isobe! He was threatening you!" I argued back.
"I don't remember him threatening us first. Besides, I'm here to find Kotaro Irashima and you two wanted to come help me, but so far all you've done is attract attention!"
"Well, we weren't the ones that decided to go for ice-cream!"

"Excuse me? One of you said Kotaro earlier." The young employee asked timidly.
"Yeah. And?" Tomoe said rudely.
"Well that's my name."
"Well, looks like stoping for ice-cream was the right decision after all."

🌊~

Some of you might be wondering why Kaiyōs character file doesn't quite match with Kaiyōs actually personality. That's just a list of stuff I wanted to include in her character but some of it might not make it into the book. That's all.

Thanks for Reading!

Mizuki259
(1109 Words)