Chapter 22- Princess Himemiko

Sakura= Cherry Blossoms

🌊~

In the distance I saw the light blue butterfly again. I knew Mikage didn't leave us.

-Time Skip-

The next morning, Tomoe had sent Nanami outside to practice using her divine power. The task for today was to make the sakura bloom. I watched carefully and Nanami placed a talisman on the truck of the tree and tried to focus her energy into the talisman. I know she has successfully used a white talisman once and that was within the first few hours she was a god, but for some reason, she completely hopeless now.

"Kaiyō! Where are you?"
"I'm right here!" I ran inside to see what Tomoe wanted.
Not soon after Nanami came in to tell us that princess Himemiko was to come visit this afternoon. This is not good.

Princess Himemiko is a catfish spirit and is the ruler Isara swamp. Isara swamp was under the protection of Mikage and there for it is only natural that she was to come pay her respects to Nanami. But I can still remember the first and last time I met Himemiko.
Long story short, I learnt why father told me to never engage with fresh water fish yokai.

-Time Skip-

-Nanamis POV-

After Tomoe had finished informing me about Princess Himemiko, I ran into my room and decided to get ready for the visit. What does a cat fish yokai even look like?

"I'm a little nervous about such a formal visit." I said out loud and to no one in particular.
"What is the meaning of this nonsense?" Tomoe stood in the doorway and looked at me questionably.
"What? I kinda want to look presentable when they get here."
"You need not make an appearance." He stated bluntly.
"Huh?"
"Your incompetence is the last thing we need for this occasion. You are not to set one foot outside of this room till they have left." Tomoe slide the screens shut, leaving me in the room.

-Kaiyōs POV-

"Where's Nanami. Princess Himemiko will arrive soon."
"I told her that her presence is not needed for this occasion."
"Altake is not going to be very happy about this. He will accuse us of disrespecting his princess."
"Everything will be fine, but I can't allow you to make a apperence either."
"You can't tell me what to do!" I protested as Tomoe pushed me into my room.
"I'm sure you remember what happened last time you met fresh water fish yokai. Fresh water yokai and salt water yokai were at war for years and just because the war is over doesn't mean the fighting has. I can't protect you against a hoard of angry swamp yokai with out staring another war, so please, stay here." Tomoe shut the screens behind me.

I guess he's right about one thing. Last time Princess Himemiko payed Mikage a visit, I ended up getting into a fight with Altake, Princess Himemikos familiar. I didn't do anything except show my face. Apparently sea yokai are not excepted in swamp yokai culture so I almost started a another water war between fresh water yokai and salt water yokai.

-Tomoes POV-

It wasn't long before Princess Himemiko arrived.
"So good of you to visit, Himemiko of the swamp." I bowed down as a sign of respect. Himemiko crunched her teeth in reply. "I am the familiar Tomoe. Unfortunately there has been a slight change of plans. The land has fallen under the weather and will not be able to receive you this evening."
"Excuse me?"
When Mikage was god of this shrine he established a friendly relationship with Himemiko. I refuse to let that crumble under Nanamis watch.